AudioSlave discovery

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by graver555, Mar 5, 2014.

1. graver555

graver555

Just started listening to AudioSlave today. Why are they not every ones favorite band? The instruments just meld together into one big beautiful sound.

And the bass is so much more then a standard time keeping role. I cant think of anyone off the top of my head (keep in mind it IS 3;30 am....) that sounds as much as part of the band as he is. I cant think of the right phrase currently. :help: Mayby saying he is sonically there way more then other bassists.

Lead also knows how to really bring out and accent the bass too.

Sorry random post by someone who is listening to new music and should of gone to sleep hours ago. :bassist:

P.S. I like their music videos too.

2. callofcthulhu

callofcthulhu

Because they made a second album.

3. AndrewM

AndrewM

Just in case you didn't know, Audioslave is made up of all the members of Rage Against The Machine (minus zack de la rocha) and Chris Cornell of soundgarden. If you haven't already checked out a lot of Rage Against the Machine, I'd suggest doing so! Tim Commerford has lots of great playing in Rage, just as much as he does in Audioslave

4. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

Headline: MAN WALKS ON THE MOON

Lloyd Christmas: No way. That's great. We landed on the moon!!!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks. Supporting Member

The first album is one of the best albums of the 2000's. The second album is good, not great. I couldn't really make it through the third one.
    Tim Commerford is incredible. I love playing Audioslave songs on bass.

7. graver555

graver555

Yea I have listened to Rage a little bit but I think I will look into them a bit more now.

8. graver555

graver555

Ok OK I see how for someone who is familiar with this would seem like a dumb post haha.

But I was just really impressed by them last night and felt like sharing.

9. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive Supporting Member

Media:
    Past his prime Cornell plus uninspired Rage backing band didn't speak to me nearly as much as either of their respective projects did when firing on all cylinders.

10. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

Years ago, I saw their live debut on the Ed Sullivan theater marquee when I worked down the street. They put on a good show.

11. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Because...Rage & Soundgarden > Audioslave

And they aren't my favorite bands either :)

12. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

I'm just pulling your leg.

I was/am a massive Soundgarden fan and will always checkout anything Chris Cornell is involved with. I wasn't a big RATM fan mainly because of the singer and the "wacky" guitar effects on every song.

I really like the first two Audioslave albums a lot. I saw them in New Zealand of their first tour and they sounded great. They did a really cool cover of "Working Man" by Rush. They put out a live DVD when they played Cuba, but Cornell's voice was shot by that time. Also, they started playing Soundgarden and RATM songs in their set which I thought didn't sound very good. Their third album had a few songs I liked, but I thought it was a much weaker effort than the first two.

13. Jamesray740

Jamesray740

Audioslave's first album is amazing in every way to me. been listening to it regularly for years now. I love the other two albums as well, but I favor the first two. I found them really inspiring. So much talent there. Its a shame they are no longer together. Maybe one day.. fingers crossed \m/

14. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

I could give the TB PC response "people have different tastes"

me, I just think they're boring.

15. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Everyone has their opinion about Audioslave. Always have. And it seems to have been one way or the other, not much in between. Ive been a Rage fan for years. Timmy C is half the reason I even picked up a bass. Soundgarden has also been one of my top 10's for years as well, so when I heard that Audioslave was coming out, back in that day, needless to say I was seriously stoked. The release of their first album came, I freaked and loved it. The release of their second album came, I was very excited and liked it a lot. The release of their third album came, it was interested, and heard a couple of the songs and didnt get into it really. Truth be told, IMO, that last one seemed a bit uninspired. I read an article somewhere quoting Timmy C later that they signed a deal with said record label and were committed to a 3 album deal. He seemed to have said they really only wanted to do one, two tops. SO its like the third one, Revelations, was kind of filler. And it felt like that. I still dug a few on that album. The first two albums rocked though IMO. There is A LOT of history in those four individuals alone.

Im still a bigger fan of Soundgarden and Rage seperately. Audioslave had their little moment in the sun. And it was cool. So I def share the OP's enthusiasm for them. I really liked Timmy's playing on his entire career. But I myself prefer his Rage stuff, particularly the first album and Evil Empire. His Audioslave stuff was more refined and deep. Very cool though. I strongly urge you to get more into Rage. Dont get hung up on Zachs overbearing vocals either. Unless you really dig stuff like that. Its was too much for some. I am not one of them.

mouthmw likes this.
  16. mouthmw

mouthmw

Hit the nail on the head! Exactly how I feel!