1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Auditioning at Hartt School of Music

Discussion in 'Jazz Technique [DB]' started by jbass116, Jan 24, 2014.

1. jbass116

jbass116

This is probably a longshot, but does anyone happen to know how a typical jazz bass audition goes at Hartt? I have my audition in a couple days and was just wondering what to expect, if anyone knows. I'm a little shaky on rhythm changes and was wondering if anyone who auditioned at Hartt was asked to play them. Thanks.

2. Seanto

Seanto

3. jbass116

jbass116

Thanks, but I did of course read the information available online long ago! I have been preparing for some time now. I just wanted to know what the actual audition experience was like. Of what I had prepared, rhythm changes were probably my weakest area, so I was just curious.

But the audition was super chill and they accepted me :D Nat Reeves is one cool dude

4. Seanto

Seanto

Nice! Good job brotha.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC Supporting Member

Nat Reeves sure is one cool dude and a monster player as well! I studied with him privately for a bit. :)

Congrats on your acceptance!

7. hepcatbassist

hepcatbassist

Did they tell you that you were accepted right after the audition?
    I've been thinking about auditioning at Hartt next year. Met Nat on an elevator a couple weeks ago and he was really nice.

8. jbass116

jbass116

after I finished playing Nat just said something like, "great audition and we'd love to see you here in the fall". nothing official, but unless I severely misjudged the situation I think he essentially told me I'm in :)