Aurora: Good Strings, Horrible Customer Service

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by JennySuzuki, Jan 28, 2014.

1. JennySuzuki

JennySuzuki

I wanted to buy some colored strings to match the Rocksmith colors, because, hey, I'm like that. I found I had pretty much two choices: DRs, or Auroras. I've read in various places that DR has issues with quality control, so I went for the Auroras. They're nice strings, and I'm happy with them as strings.

But I have to say that Aurora's customer service sucks gigantic Harry Truman. I had some questions, and I emailed them to ask. No response. I tried to call the number listed on their web page. No one answered the phone. I ordered a second set of strings, and put the questions in the order comments section of the order. No response.

I suspect that next time, I'll order DRs. At least they seem interested in talking to customers.

2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    Hello Jenny,

I am sorry you feel that way. I work with them on a daily basis as a reseller for them so I know they are good at communication. I can tell you a couple of things that have gone on in the last couple of weeks that I even have to deal with... Last week was the NAMM show. The owner and a few other people where at the show all week including the weekend. They got back on Monday and are playing catchup. The main "customer service" person who handles their email has been ill with pneumonia, thankfully she is doing much better and is getting back to business!

I will definitely bring this to their attention, if you want to pass on your email address I can be sure that they follow up.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me directly or even on the forum.

Both Aurora and DR make a great string in similar colors!

3. JennySuzuki

JennySuzuki

I'd buy that explanation if the sequence of trying to contact them hadn't stretched over a couple of months. But point taken... I'll direct my questions to you in the future, Slapin' Funk.

4. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    That's not cool at all then!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. GKon

GKon Supporting Member, Boom-Chicka-Boom Supporting Member

JennySuzuki,

I am in no way affiliated with Aurora strings.

Interestingly enough, I've had just the opposite experience.

I live in Greece, and had several questions about the strings before ordering them, due to the fact that I live so far away. I didn't want to buy something that wasn't what I was looking for.

I gave them a call, they answered the phone and my questions right away.
    When the cust. service rep couldn't answer my questions, she gave me the CEO's email address.
    I wrote to him and he responded almost immediately. We traded several emails back and forth over the course of an hour. He answered my questions and also offered to send me a free set of electric guitar strings along with my bass string order.

Skip to about 6 months later, when I actually was ready to place my order (life got in the way). As soon as I called Aurora, they took my order, no problem, they honored the offer to send me the free guitar strings along with my order, and they, without problem, put together a slightly custom bass string gauge order (I like the E-A-D to be medium gauge and the G to be heavy).

My order was sent the next day. I received an email from the rep thanking me and letting me know my order was sent, and we even had some communication on their facebook page.

Maybe it truly was a matter of coincidence that you had a bad experience? It just seems so "day and night" between both our experiences, and the 2 times I dealt with them were good, so perhaps your experience was due to something else?

Just a thought.

7. Esoge

Esoge

Disclosures:
    Abstrack Recording Studio
    I've been a faithful user of DR on bass and guitar and I gotta say I love em and the customer service is phenomenal there. I had one set of Fat Beams where the B string became unwound while tuning it up. I emailed them to complain, expressing what a loyal customer I was for years. They sent me 2 whole 5-string sets to apologize. Thats what I call service.