1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Austin, Texas tube amp repair gurus

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by texasgreg, Apr 11, 2011.

1. texasgreg

texasgreg

Would appreciate some current information regarding who is a good tube amp guru, particularly one who works on old Fenders.

Thanks and if you've got contact info, I appreciate it!
  2. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

3. mrresistor

mrresistor

Their are a few really good repair techs here in Austin. I am proud to include my self among them at Mr.Resistor. Amp Repair at 1618 Nash Ave. #102 78704
    512-552-5687
  4. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    I've heard good things about Mr. Resistor, but have never used him personally. Jon Bessent was my amp guy here ( R.I.P. :bawl: ). I don't know where/who to take stuff to now. Pretty much learning how to fix my own stuff as a result. I'm sure a lot of these other guys around town know their stuff, they're just not Jon.....:meh: