1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Avalon U5 on the Floor!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassmanbigs, Dec 5, 2012.

1. I play in multiple bands and Im also a contract bass player. So im always traveling and need my tone to always be the best no matter what venue im in.

I recently acquired an Avalon U5. I didnt want to carry my rack system everywhere I go cause i only play with amps about half of the time. So I decided to go with building a floor rig including the U5. So far i have been complemented by every sound guy I have worked with. They all are floored by my tone and by the fact that I have one of these on my board with me all the time.

So what do you guys think about this setup. I havent seen this setup yet on here, But i love it and wanted to show it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90823018@N03/8249183642/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90823018@N03/8248116937/in/photostream

2. Sponsored by:

3. Heres the pics again

Attached Files:

4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Very creative congrats.

5. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I like the old school Nintendo controller there...

6. Oh yeah I forgot to mention, I make those Nintendo Controllers! Tap Tempos... and whatever else people need. Message me if Interessted!

7. eddododo

eddododo Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2010
    I love this!
    I do something similar with an art tubepac, but I keep my pedals at arms reach rather than the floor...
    Been thinking about springing for the avalon but I always chip away at other gas instead

8. M Sterling

M Sterling Gold Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Awesome. I've thought about doing this but I ended up just racking it. Great job!

9. Marial

Marial Scheming for a Wal Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Emerald City
    Very cool. I'm hoping to pick up a U5 in the near future.

10. I love my Avalon. If you can afford it, Its defiantly worth picking up. I got mine used for a steal after trading some other gear.