1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Tonegasm, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Tonegasm

Tonegasm Supporting Member

Anyone have any experiences with this cab? Looking for a cab to really handle what my low B's put out without farting out.

[​IMG]

2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

I would be very curious to know what drivers and cross over is in it before I bought.

3. tink9975

tink9975 Supporting Member

never seen that one before, but I have an Avatar TB153 and I am very pleased with how it handles the the A# on my five string (tuned down 1/2 step)

4. Tonegasm

It's loaded with two Celestion NEO Bass drivers and a Foster Tweeter. It has One 15" NEO Celestion BN15-400 and one Celestion 10" NEO BN10-300 for the bottom end and one Foster compression Tweeter. The crossover is a 2 way. 600 watts at 4 ohms.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Corevalay

Corevalay

I bet it's awesome. I was playing through a borrowed Avatar 2-12 and it sounded great. I've also got an Avatar 4-12 guitar cab that I love.

7. Tonegasm

The reason I ask is that the model I mentioned above is discontinued and looks to be replaced with the TB153 model. Wonderful if it's inferior or had issues or something and they stopped making them.

8. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    I think that's the cab they discontinued fairly quickly and were unloading those 10" drivers cheap. If so, there was no crossover between the woofers and no separate chamber for the 10".

It was replaced by the much more robust, 3015LF loaded TB153.

I could be wrong, but I think that's it.

9. Tonegasm

Just had a 20 minute conversation with Dave from Avatar. What a genuinely AWESOME dude. Very knowledgeable. The only reason the B1510 was discontinued was because there was simply a greater demand for a cabinet which is now the TB153 (TB after Talk Bass). Very refreshing to see a manufacturer pay such close attention to the consumers. He still swears by the B1510's which he has in stock and says they sounds huge, as well.

DanGR likes this.
  10. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Maybe it does.

If you're looking for a big, deep low B, the woofer in the TB153 is pretty hard to beat.

11. Tonegasm

My dilemma is:
    fEARful cab?
    Something else?

I obviosuly want the most for the least. :D

12. CL400Peavey

IMHO go with a fEARful 15/6 flat pack. The stock 8 Ohm 3015LF is tonally different than the 4 Ohm 3015LF-B that Avatar uses. The 4 Ohm driver gives up in the lows to meet impedance requirements. Also the mid driver and cross over are a LOT beefier in the fEARful.

Also the fEARful plans use braced 1/2" ply, which IMO is superior than un-braced 3/4" ply.

13. Tonegasm

The only problem is that the price difference is like a kick to the balls!

14. CL400Peavey

Buy once, cry once.

I seriously chased the sound in my head, and never found anything that could give me the lows that I wanted until I got a fEARful.

Where are you located? There might be someone close enough to you for you to try one out.

15. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Born Again Tubey
    so crossover is just for the horn???

i would love to hear this cab

16. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    The Avatar LF ma indeed give up some to meet it's impedance, but you'd have to really neuter that woofer before it made sense to look elsewhere if you're for that type of extension + mechanical handling.

Cl400 has good points re: beefier design/lighter construction, etc. Can you get the output you need from a single, good woofer?

17. Tonegasm

I'm in Northern NJ.

Love the Polish eagle. I'm Polish, myself. Read it, write, speak it, live it!

18. CL400Peavey

From what I gather from greenies take on the LF-B, its does give up quite a bit.

+1

I would also look into converting some TL-606 plans to 1/2" with fEARful-esk bracing. Load that puppy with a Eminence 3015 (non LF) or a Faital Pro 15PR400. Both are excellent drivers, and may meet your needs.

19. Bmorefoozler

Bmorefoozler

Dave got major props for this. It seemed, at the time that he switched to the 153 instead, based almsot exclusively because of a thread here on talkbass. It IS very impressive to see that kind of response.

20. CL400Peavey

My grand parents were born in poland, I can read or write it, and only pick up a few words, but I am proud of my heritage.

Check out this map of fEARful users. Looks like the closest user is actually an authorized builder. Would be worth the drive to check one out, and would really answer a lot of your questions better.

21. Joedog

Joedog

I researched it a bit when I saw they were blowing them out cheap on Ebay. Found some not so great reviews. My first choice would be the fEARful, then the TB153. Of course $$ is a consideration, but being in love with your tone is priceless! Having said that, I don't own any of them, but WILL own a fEARful someday!