1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Avatar b410 with Delta Pro vs Basslite 10's

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by dustybottoms, Jan 30, 2014.

1. dustybottoms

dustybottoms Supporting Member

I did a few searches but I don't feel like I found an answer that applies strictly to my question. So here goes...

Has anyone A/B an Avatar B410 with with Delta pro's and one with Neo's? I currently have a 410 with neo's and have an opportunity to buy one with Delta pro's online. I want to use the cabs together as a stack and was wondering how this will work together if the drivers are different. The boxes will be identical. Even if there are differences between these 2 speakers, will they work together in this fashion or am I going to be trying to put 2 completely different animals together? I'm not speaking in terms of ohms or wattage. The cab and head ohms all work out fine, I'm specifically referring to sound.

Thanks

2. dustybottoms

I sent an email to Dave at Avatar and he says these 2 cabs will sound the same and that basically the only difference is the weight. I'm satisfied enough with that answer. Does anyone want to agree or disagree just for fun?

3. Bassmec

Bassmec

Disclosures:
    Proprietor Springvale Studios
    While they may sound very similar, I think in my experience the chances are that things that are not exactly the same, will sound different.:)
    It may be a very subtle difference but a difference there will be.
    Will it matter?. Not in the slightest.:)
    Have fun!.:bassist:

4. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

That's one mighty stack! What are you going to drive them with?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. dustybottoms

I'll be running it with an SVT Classic. I already love the SVT and 4x10 set up. It really throttles. I just want that extra oomph for outdoor shows in the summer. Its nice to have options.

7. dustybottoms

Bought the 2nd cab and its on the way. I can't wait to try it. I will report back.

8. mikepaulhamus

mikepaulhamus

I have 4 avatar 410 cabs 2 neo 's the originals 1000 watts and 1 with delta pro 10's and another with celestion bl 200s. hard choice all sound great the delta pro's are real bass heavy with my svt all tube head I have to turn the bass to 11 o'clock. the neo's sound great and flat. the celestion bl 200s sound great for detail and over all sound but don't handle very good for 5 strings or drop d tuning