1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by higain617, Jan 15, 2014.

1. higain617

higain617

I'm thinking about retiring my SWR cabs pretty soon, and was interested in the 73 lbs. Avatar B412 NEO. I play quite loud and actually like the 29" x 29" guitar cab shape. For heads, I have an Ashdown ABM 500 Evo III and a Music Man HD150 tube. I'm wanting to use the MM head a bit more, so I need some pretty efficient drivers. There doesn't seem to be much out there on these. I also looked at an Ashdown VS412, but wasn't sold on the red cloth grille.
  2. Bulldawg82

Bulldawg82 Supporting Member

My concern with their 4x12 is the design of the cab used. It looks like a guitar cab that they threw bass speakers in and then labeled it a bass cab. The design needs to be different. If you want a good 4x12, then go to Schroeder Cabs website: http://www.schroedercabinets.com/412.htm
    I would still have mine, but I decided 4x10 is the way I could best attain the level of punchy growl I was looking for.
  3. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Contact Dave at Avatar and ask him. He's a nice guy and will tell you everything you want to know. FYI, his B410 with ceramic speakers (1000w/Eminence) is on sale for a song now.
  4. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

I would also recommend checking out the GK Neo 412. It will be larger and more expensive, but used ones go for about the same price as a new Avatar.