1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by bassybill, Sep 25, 2012.

1. bassybill

bassybill The smooth moderator... Supporting Member

2. fivestringgecko

fivestringgecko Supporting Member

I'll ante up with my Shuttle 6 / Avatar B210 & B212 Neos.

I rocked this stack just last weekend at a show with my gospel band. I've been playing a 1x15 (x2) rig lately and brought this one out because it was an "all white" party and it's the closest I've got to a white amp. lol Totally forgot how AWESOME it sounded, and it'll be getting back into rotation.

5sg.

P.S. The venue had wall hangers and I was totally geeking out over them. It's the "little things," right? :bassist: lol

P.P.S. Sadly, the Fireglo Rickenbacker isn't mine. It belonged to the bassist from another band and he let me play it. First time with a Rick and it was pretty hot! Unfortunately, not a 5-string. lol

[​IMG]
  3. Alex5280

Alex5280

I have (2) B210's on the way from Dave, are ya still giving out numbers??? I'll post a pic when they arrive!
  4. tink9975

tink9975 Supporting Member

I need to get a pic of my rig, it is an Eden WT-500 running bridged into an 8ohm Avatar TB153. Loud and powerful. :)
  5. phillybass101

phillybass101 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Brubaker Guitars
    I don't need a number but just wanted to let club members know that I am a proud owner of a discontinued Avatar 400 watt 1x18. I'm going to keep it as they do not make anymore. I purchased it way back in 2000? I think. I'm trying to get Avatar to make either a 12/6/1 or a 2x12/6/1. I'm sure they could beat fearful prices.
  6. Gabriel51

Gabriel51 Supporting Member

I just received the B212 neo I bought yesterday and it is hands down the best sounding cab I have ever owned and I have owned many. Seldom do I buy something anymore that I am impressed with, I thought I would share.

[​IMG]
  7. fivestringgecko

I was pretty impressed as well. Give it some break in time and it'll really get going!

5sg.
  8. Alex5280

Alex5280

My two B210's on the FED EX truck for delivery! Awesome!
  9. Alex5280

Alex5280

10. xUptheIronsx

xUptheIronsx Conform or Be Cast Out.... Supporting Member

I have had an Avatar B410 for about 4 years now. I LOVE IT!!! Can I have a number? It has the old square logo....am looking to get another one when i get the $$$$$

Love me the Avatars!
  11. xUptheIronsx

is that Fender bass silver sparkle? i want a silver sparkle p or j!!!
  12. SBsoundguy

SBsoundguy

So I just finished repairing my 8 year old B410 which for some reason has a weird rattle (sounds like a dead speaker) when I crank up the horn. When the horn is off there is no rattle. Any clues?
  13. BD Bass

BD Bass

My 2¢

Attached Files:

14. fivestringgecko

Sorry for the delayed response... job search, school, rehearsals, etc etc etc... lol

Unfortunately, not silver sparkle. I wish! It's a 2006 MIA Jazz V and I think the color that year was called Inca Silver? It's got a little pearl to it, not sparkle though.

5sg.
  15. BradWorld

BradWorld

Hi all. I am new here, but a very long time avatar player. I have a 410, a 212 neo, and a 210. I am a big fan of their stuff. I have other cabs, but these are the best value for the buck. Can I gets a number? :)
  16. xUptheIronsx

don't know if the number guy is around...been waiting for one for a while now...
  17. BradWorld

BradWorld

Thats okay. I'm still gonna play my avatar cabs regardless... :)

here is one of my rigs...

SWR 550x

[​IMG]
  18. xUptheIronsx

I have the same 4x10...love that thing!
  19. BradWorld

BradWorld

Its heavy as balls though. If I start using it on tour, I will swap out the speakers for Neos. right now I am just using the 2x12, or even an Avatar 2x10.
  20. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Supporting Member

I used to own a neo 2x12, my first cab. I'm trying my hardest to find a used Avatar cab that I can use for rehearsals... Figure they're so cheap new, they're even cheaper used!

Do any of the 2x10 owners play 5 string? Does it handle it well or does it get farty on the low B?