1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by rptrsn2, Feb 11, 2014.

1. rptrsn2

rptrsn2

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Aurora Strings
    Just wondering what some opinions where on the prices on these cabs . I own a couple and always loved them cuz of the price point compared to quality. Was gonna pick up a couple new cabs and went on their site. Holy crap they have gone up! Is there something new with these I'm missing? Not seeing such a bargain anymore.
  2. Tractorr

Tractorr

When did you buy your's and when was the last time you priced other cabs?

Their Neo 410 is 559 with tolex. GK's is 699. Their Neo 212 is 449with tolex. GK's is 599.

Their 15/6/1 is 589 while a Greenboy is 1100.

Sure none of these cabs are exactly equivalent but they are a value in comparison to similar products.
  3. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Why does it say on their homepage (scroll down) that you can get a 600w B410 NEO for 345.00 bucks plus shipping? Forget the TOLEX, I'll take rat fur for that price in a heartbeat. Rat fur was only awful when people smoked in the bar because it stunk up your cabs.

http://www.avatarspeakers.com/
  4. rptrsn2

rptrsn2

Disclosures:
    When you get the sales and mark downs from GC or MF that are always going on, theres a whole lot of others priced the same as avatar now that I would buy first. used to be avatar had the price advantage easily over the others that made them a great choice. That gaps narrowed enuff for me not to give them a second look now when their page used to be my first stop when cab shopping.
  5. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Are you looking for a 410? Like I said, 345.00 plus 55.00 shipping. DEAL. Also, if you go with ceramic speakers and rat fur, still very good prices. The speakers they use in the B212 are mighty speakers and the construction is solid. The prices for NEO went up for everybody.
  6. rptrsn2

rptrsn2

Disclosures:
    Avatar Neo 410 $559 + $55 shipping = $614
    GK 410 neo $699 -10% = $630 free shipping
    For $15 I'll take the GK, prices where never that close before
  7. Tractorr

Tractorr

There is the assumption that you actually get the discount which the chains have been tightening up on in recent years. Of course, you could just buy used and there is no comparison for price.
  8. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Just copied off their Home page.

B410 600 Watt Bass Cabinet $345.
    NEO 4 ohm
    Eminence Custom BASSLITE NEOs
    Black Carpet / Black metal grill
  9. BillisCool

BillisCool

So how do you buy it at that price?
  10. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

You call them and ask for one of the $345 410s on the main page with the basslites. The website is still just plain weird.
  11. rptrsn2

rptrsn2

Disclosures:
    Where are you seeing any 410 on Avatars page for $345? The bottom model, rat fur, ceramic starts at $489+$55 shipping!
  12. rptrsn2

rptrsn2

Disclosures:
    If you are even halfway decent at haggling you can ALWAYS get that at GC. I have never walked out without getting at least 10% off whether im spending $50 or$1000 in there. of coarse my wife just says its because im aain in the ass, but whatever works! lol
  13. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

You have to look on the main front opening page of the site, it mentions nothing of it in the bass cab section. :rollno:
  14. Jim C

Jim C Supporting Member

But when you click on it, you get:

Covering Grill Eminence Ceramic Magnet PRO 10s 1400W
    4 ohm or 8 ohm

Original Eminence Custom Deltalite2 2510 Neo 10s 1000w cab
    Slip covers now available!! $29

Black Carpet Metal $489 + 55 shipping $589 + 55 shipping
  15. rptrsn2

rptrsn2

Disclosures:
    so I see the $345 410s, not there usual cabs they sell. Im sure Dave will always have some deal in his bargain bin on some cabs that are not his reg line. Much like finding the good deals on blems at GC or MF. My whole point of this is at one time whenever I looked for a cab I knew I could go to Avatar and find a quality cab at a price that blew all competition away making them the only choice. I feel that they have priced themselves out of that niche now. I love Avatar cabs, but at the price of them now there are a lot of other options I would have not considered before. Will this work for them, I guess time will tell.
  16. rptrsn2

rptrsn2

Disclosures:
    Yes, these are not his standard cabs. Don't know what the deal is with them but they are not the cabs the link leads you to.:rollno: That's like throwing some GK BacKlines into the consideration.
  17. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

Basslites are decent speakers, their thermal and mechanical limits are pretty close together, so they should be able to handle close to the 600 watts claimed.

Most likely scenario, they ran out of the Deltalite IIs, eminence couldn't re-supply them, so they ordered a whole bunch of Basslites to get them by for awhile - then the Delatalite IIs became available again, so yes, we still have the Basslite 410s on sale, but WE REALLY DONT WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT THEM.
  18. Jim C

Jim C Supporting Member

Thanks for this:
    Sounds like there are Avatar cabs that are on sale and don't represent what the current production models are.
    Wonder why they aren't listed as such.
  19. shoot-r

shoot-r

You've added shipping charges on to the Avatar price,
    shouldn't there be taxes added on to the G.K. price?
  20. Alex1984

Alex1984

...must...resist...:rollno:

Not if you're buying online.