1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Average pedal cost?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cousinofmurloc, Mar 26, 2014.

1. cousinofmurloc

cousinofmurloc

Hey guys I've been playing bass about 3 months and I'm trying to expand my knowledge. I have learned the basics and I practice about 4 hours everyday. I love how effects sound on bass and I plan on buying pedals eventually. How much do pedals usually cost or does it greatly vary depending on the effect or brand? And any recommendations for pedals would also be greatly appreciated!

2. Nate85x

Nate85x

It all varies between brand and what you want or what style of pedals you think that you might be into. You can spend $20 dollars on up to a couple hundred. Like many others maybe starting with a multi effects pedal unit first will help. That way you can experiment with distortions, delays, and many other effects. Look on guitar centers site you can find pedals used there for a decent price, it all comes down to what you want to pay. Maybe you can find a cheap digitech mult effects to play with to get an idea on what you would like.

3. yaksonator

yaksonator

Price varies a lot.. but in a lot of cases (not all) you absolutely get what you pay for. If you have a particular type of sound in mind would help with recommendations. We live in a day and age where boutique builders are taking the effect market to new levels. Its really amazing what's happening at the moment.

4. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

Buy used pedals and save lots of money. Check eBay or this forum for good deals.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

You question is way too wide to be answered properly.
    A pedal will cost anywhere between 20 and 2000.
    There are tens of thousands of them, thousands of which are currently available new.