1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Awesome-Guitars.com

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Rusty G String, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Rusty G String

Rusty G String

Does anybody know anything about the "Pickup Switch Upgrade" found on E-bay or Awesome-Guitars.com? No doubt it's a gimmick of some sort, but I'm just wondering what it is or if anybody has tried one. It's a replacement control plate with 3 switches and a stacked knob that's supposed to give you many different tones from your bass with stock pickups for $100. Anybody know anything?

2. Rusty G String

Rusty G String

3. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

Its hard to take them seriously with junk like this on their website
    Assuming you are asking about the Jazz bass pick guard. I'm guessing its just stacked V/T, neck on/off. bridge on/off, series parallel. There is nothing about a switch that can sound better than any other kind of switch, so all that is just a bunch of bull.

4. Rusty G String

Rusty G String

I was pretty sure it was crap, and I kinda figured it had a series/ parallel switch. They should say that. It might be worth it for people who don't solder and want these prewired functions.

5. Register to disable this ad