1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Awful movies you've seen...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tplyons, Jan 11, 2014.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Just finished watching Tactical Assault on Netflix about a psychotic Air Force pilot trying to get revenge on his old partner. One of the worst military movies I've ever seen... USAF pilots getting in MiG-29's and then shown in the air flying F-16's, RPG-7's that sound like shotguns when they're loaded, and operational security that allows a psychotic killer that can not only break into a tank and know how to operate it, but lack of operational security allows him to get in a morphing MiG-29/F-16 and get revenge from the air.

What awful movies have you seen and why?

2. I'd have to check back through my Netflix watching, there are so many terrible (often brilliant because of this) films there.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. Skindie

Skindie

Oct 20, 2013
    Teeth has got to be one of the worst in my experience. I'm not quite sure on the obscenity rules on the forum so I'll refrain from recounting the plot, but the imdb is well worth a look! :eek:

5. What was that Dracula movie with Keanu Reeves? Man, that was bad.

6. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    Most of them...

7. bassistjoe93

bassistjoe93 Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Shoot em up stands out as one of the worst I've seen. Horrible cgi, bland narrative, etc.

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    But it has death by carrot!

9. foal30

foal30

Dec 3, 2007
    New Zealand
  10. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Staff Member Supporting Member

11. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks. Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Camarillo, CA
    Now You See Me passed 'so bad it's good' territory straight into 'kill me now'.

12. Stinsok

Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Heck yeah! There are some really good/awful one liners in it!

13. handofseven

handofseven Soaking up the cathode rays... Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    "The Postman" (Kevin Costner)... Bleh. It's the only movie I've ever seen where the film broke midway through. People clapped in relief that they might not have to sit through the remainder... Audible groans ensued once the film was repaired and they continued to roll... Smart people cut their losses and left anyway. I was not one of them. :meh:

14. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    That one was so bad it was good. I'm looking for movies that are so bad you wish you could get two hours of your life back!

15. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Bram Stoker's Dracula?

16. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    +1.

17. Precision101

Precision101

Sep 22, 2013

Some parts of that movie are actually hilarious. Ex- "I haven't jacked off since Easter!"

18. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens
    The passion of the christ.

19. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Staff Member Supporting Member

Highlander 2 was pretty sad.........

20. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens
    The one where they decided the immortals are aliens? That was pretty terrible. They did a "renegade version" where they did their best to take out the nonsensical plot elements. Still a bad movie, but an improvement.

21. RxFunk

RxFunk

Dec 2, 2012
    Arizona
    I thought John Carter was pretty awful.