1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Azola Deco Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Duplo42, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Duplo42

Duplo42

Jan 23, 2007
    Hi all,
    anybody ever had a chance to try this one out? Image below is from BassPlayer 1998 - its a Azola Custom Shop, went for $5k, it has piezo in bridge.
    It's one of those basses that since I laid my eyes upon it (in 1998) I keep wondering how is it like and imho is one of most beautiful designs I've seen.

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens
    I think the headstock is a little silly, but the rest of it is beautiful.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. Duplo42

Duplo42

Jan 23, 2007
    I agree yeah - the logo is not in best place and it kinda spoils all the thought out details and shapes. I could live with it happily thou ._.

5. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens
    [​IMG]

This isn't apparently the same one, but they're really something.

6. JimmyThunder

JimmyThunder Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2008
    New Hampshire
  7. pnchad

pnchad

Nov 3, 2005
    I've coveted this model for many years

I had contacted them about commissioning one a long time ago and regret not pulling the trigger

wonder how many were made???

8. Manton Customs

Manton Customs UK Luthier

Jan 31, 2014
    Shropshire, UK
    Disclosures:
    Luthier, Manton Customs
    I can see where they were coming from as it echoes the body shape well. There's no excuse for that logo though :)

9. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    With them being $5k back in 98' my guess is not many but they are beautiful I don't see how you couldn't get someone to make one.

10. Duplo42

Duplo42

Jan 23, 2007
    These are really cool also! Thou the one posted first has a special floating top, at least thats what says in Bass Player. I really wish to hear its sound...