Azola Lightning Bug gig bag

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by redwookie, Dec 22, 2012.

1. redwookie

redwookie Supporting Member

The flight case which came with my Azola Lightning Bug EUB is as tough as Godzilla. However, these days I'm lucky enough to be able to ride my bike around to all of my rehearsals and much of my playing out is within biking distance as well. So I need a padded gig bag with shoulder straps. The bass is too tall to fit in any current bag I own. While I am aware of a couple places which might custom make a bag, such as

http://www.mooradian.com/Custom_Bags.html

custom work not done by myself doesn't seem to be a part of my 'modus operandi'. I'd much prefer to just buy an existing bag or modify an existing bag if possible. Suggestions?
  2. jeffbonny

jeffbonny _____________ Gold Supporting Member

NS Designs has one that's 54" long and 7" in diameter. Still for not much more Glenn Cronkhite could make you one that would last at least a couple of decades and fit like a glove. That said I totally get your desire not to go the custom route...have you considered just making one yourself? Even with a mid-range home use sewing machine it's not such a big ask.
  3. jacochops

jacochops

Try http://www.studioslips.com They make a FANTASTIC product! They made a clamshell bag for my custom Schroeder 1X10 DB cab (400 watts at 4 ohms...sounds GREAT, and weighs about 16 lbs!) and put a piggyback pocket for my EA Doubler to sit on top! They can make whatever you want, and they are built to LAST! Total thumbs-up from me!!
  4. redwookie

redwookie Supporting Member

"NS Designs has one that's 54" long and 7" in diameter"

Since I need 21" circumference at the bridge, an NS might work (2*3.14*3.5 radius).

I will definitely check out a custom bag as well.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and replies.