B stock

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pharmakon, Mar 3, 2014.

1. pharmakon

pharmakon

Is there kind of a set price difference between a B stock instrument and street price on a new one? There's a local store with a B stock bass I want, but the price is only 50 bucks less than MF. Is this a decent price difference?

2. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

It totally depends on what the 'issue' is that makes it classify as a B stock ... if it is at a local store, you will also need to probably pay tax, unless you can work something out, but then if it is local you also get the benefit of having it in hand and evaluating it .. for me, the 'in person' evaluation is the key, and unless the 'issue' was substantial, I may even pay a bit more than the MF price if the bass really hits my switch ... also, the discount may actually be a higher percentage than the $50 would indicate, as many times the 'local' store needs to be priced higher than the 'on-line' store to stay in business ...

With that said, there is also the chance that your MF purchase may not play as well, be substantially heavier, etc ... and may even be a returned item, or B-stock itself ... it happens ...

Besides, you take it out of the store, it is no longer a B-stock bass (unless marked in some way), it is now simply a USED bass ... and worth the same as any other used bass of that model (again, unless maybe marked) ...

... JMHO's ...

3. pharmakon

pharmakon

I thought about the buying online issue and how having it in hand to test out is pretty nice. I'd hate to get into some kind of shipping issue if he had to be returned, etc.

4. Wallace320

Wallace320

Let's put it like this

$. 50.00 is a really lil' difference to justify "don't-know-what"...
    let's just look at what the item is, first;)

Cheers,
    Wallace

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. dalkowski

dalkowski

... which is why I buy used.