B3K or Compressor or ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by raul, Feb 4, 2014.

1. raul

raul

I already have an always on VMT. For fuzz it's TAFM and for distortion it's a Rat Tail. I use the VMT to beef up my GK 1001RBII head.
    I was thinking of a B3K. But what about a compressor? Would I even need it with the pedals and amp I'm using? How could I benefit from using one? B3K or a compressor. Or ? Do I even need it? Help...

2. mattbass6945

mattbass6945

3. JeffVanter

JeffVanter

The thing is, once you use a compressor, you'll always wonder how you went without it for so long and that you'll never want to NOT have one ever again.
    I was looking into getting one of those insane beefy pedals for a while and I have to say that the B3K is insane. From what I have seen, it's a lot better (in my opinion) than a lot of other pedals that produce similar effects.

The compressor will be better for all genres of music. That's just fact. You would be using compression pretty much forever once you started using it because of how much it helps.

The B3K would be really exciting at first. After a while, you would NEED that compression.

4. mattbass6945

mattbass6945

if you don't know if you need a compressor, then you probably don't. before you try one, you need to read up on what they are for and how they are used or you will probably be disappointed. the above link is a great resource and starting place run by a fellow tb'er.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right? Supporting Member

I use both compression and dirt but it is important to know that dirt already includes some natural compression. So as someone said above, if you don't know you need compression you might not (and you might not because of how much dirt you are running).

7. cnltb

cnltb

Which compressor pedal though?

8. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right? Supporting Member

Are you asking me or the OP? I can recommend both the MXR M87 and the Empress Compressor based on experience.

9. cnltb

cnltb

...anyone 'in the know'

I am currently "debating" the fairfield accountant with myself...quite tempted, I am.
    Always looking for a good sounding OD too! :)

10. Guinness20

Guinness20

diamond bass comp.

11. Hultberg

Hultberg

Fairfield accountant,
    It will give you both nice compression and a bit of dirt.