1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

B4R… Quit Working.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by puggylikesbass, Feb 22, 2014.

1. puggylikesbass

puggylikesbass

So, B4R head, working. Moved downstairs, set back up, not working.

It was not dropped, shaken, beaten or called dirty names (until it quit, that is). Upon visual inspection (under the top plate) the caps, board and all associated pieces appear as one would expect. The fuse and power switch also passed initial consideration.

So, before 1) removing the board, committing my boyfriend and myself to a project that currently holds no discernible direction, goal or end; or 2) finding a local shop to hire that may or may not know how to repair the head; I thought I'd reach out here first. Any thoughts?

Of note: yes, the cord and outlets have been factored out as a potential source of the problem.

All snarkiness is directed at a particular B4R, your input, thoughts and ideas are most welcomed!

-Snark! :bawl:
  2. anderbass

anderbass

Does the little LED in your power switch illuminate when you switch the amp on?

If so, a super easy test you could try is patching a guitar cord in-between the Send and Receive jacks of your effects loop, and then let us know if this got the amp working again.
  3. KOakley

KOakley

Reset circuit breaker on the back panel next to the power cord jack. Check the mute switch. Check the full range/bi-amp switch as well as the mono/stereo switch. Good luck. P.M. me if needed I will give you my phone #.
  4. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

yes, first question is do you have no power? or no sound? Lights mean at least power is getting in.

So do you have lights?

if lights, then see if preamp will run something else..... another amp, the stereo, whatever.

And, will the power amp work from some other source.... another amp, an active bass, the stereo, whatever.
  5. KOakley

KOakley

So Puggy, have you made any progress?