Babicz Bridges

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Geri O, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Geri O

Geri O

These bridges look really nice. And I'm wanting to put gold hardware on my MM Stingray 5-string. Since it sounds like I can't get the gold hardware from MM (that's what I hear, anyway), the Babicz gold bridge might be a good alternative.

Has anyone done this particular bridge mod before? I know resale will be affected, but I plan to never ever sell this bass.

Thanx, Geri O

2. Grateful

Grateful Supporting Member

An issue you might hit is string spacing. Last I heard, the Babicz is 19mm and the MM Stringray is not...

FWIW, I have a couple of Babicz 5 string bridges (including a gold one) and I think they're just great.

3. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

These are AMAZING bridges. Ingenious design, but......

I believe the string spacing is designed for P and j basses, not very adjustable and I don't think the spacing would work for a stingray.

4. Geri O

Geri O

Oh, well, the truth hurts and I thank you guys so very much for the responses. I didn't think to check the string spacing, but I wil when I get home.

Thanks for the heads-up again, ya'll...

Geri O

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

I think the string spacing will be ok, but I don't think it will cover up the whole foot print of the MM bridge. The two threaded inserts will cause a mounting problem.