1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Babicz Bridges

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Geri O, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Geri O

Geri O

These bridges look really nice. And I'm wanting to put gold hardware on my MM Stingray 5-string. Since it sounds like I can't get the gold hardware from MM (that's what I hear, anyway), the Babicz gold bridge might be a good alternative.

Has anyone done this particular bridge mod before? I know resale will be affected, but I plan to never ever sell this bass.

Thanx, Geri O
  2. Grateful

Grateful Supporting Member

An issue you might hit is string spacing. Last I heard, the Babicz is 19mm and the MM Stringray is not...

FWIW, I have a couple of Babicz 5 string bridges (including a gold one) and I think they're just great.
  3. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

These are AMAZING bridges. Ingenious design, but......

I believe the string spacing is designed for P and j basses, not very adjustable and I don't think the spacing would work for a stingray.
  4. Geri O

Geri O

Oh, well, the truth hurts and I thank you guys so very much for the responses. I didn't think to check the string spacing, but I wil when I get home.

Thanks for the heads-up again, ya'll...

Geri O
  5. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

I think the string spacing will be ok, but I don't think it will cover up the whole foot print of the MM bridge. The two threaded inserts will cause a mounting problem.