Bacchus dealer DANNY M STEWART... anyone here purchased from him?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pablomigraine, Sep 26, 2013.

1. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist and MI Professional... see profile
    Hey all, so I've really been thinking about a Bacchus lately, something for a Jbass alternative to my Lakland DJ5. Was thinking about the 24, which is similar in aesthetic to the Sadowsky modern.

I reached out to sales@Bacchusdo.com about buying direct and didn't get a response. I found this fellow http://www.dannymstewart.com as a Bacchus dealer, as well as seeming to sell lessons and pretty much everything else imaginable. His E-Merch website is kinda hard to navigate so I reached out to him via email. He has been very communicative and the prices he's quoting are exactly the same as shown on the Bacchus site..... however a couple of things are making me nervous;

I can't locate it easily on my mobile app, but there was at least one Bacchus on the TB classifieds where the owner got a bass from this dealer which was very different from the one he paid for, almost an imitation of the one he thought he was getting. Instead of a bartolini pre it was some no name pre, totally different hardware etc, and he ended up selling it at a huge loss. Next... I got a response from Bacchus, saying that they no longer manufactured the specific model I was interested in..... however there may have been something lost in translation.... the sender's English was very poor. On the other hand Danny stated that the model I wanted WAS available and would be ready by Oct 15th if I ordered now.....

Has anyone here purchased from Danny? Seems like a great guy.... but something about this setup is making my spidey-sense tingle....

Anyone ??

2. pablomigraine

Disclosures:
    Found that for sale thread...

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/ft-fs-bacchus-5-string-$600-plus-shipping-1005189/

Looking closer it appears that the seller here on TB acquired the bass from another private owner, who acquired it from Danny M Stewart.... who may have tampered with or replaced the preamp, but supposedly claims otherwise.

Would love to hear from anyone, especially in the UK where this dealer is based, who's had any experience with him.

3. pablomigraine

Disclosures:
  4. bacchuskid

bacchuskid

Hi pablomigraine,

As a Bacchus owner, I became interested in this topic. Firstly, SOAR MUSIC (Bacchusdo), one of the local Bacchus dealers here in Japan could communicate well in English and they ship internationally. Currently, Bacchusdo has reduced the price of Twenty Four model

check it here http://bacchusdo.com/bhm.htm#twenty

Regarding the Bacchus bass for sale you have shown in this link
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/ft-fs-bacchus-5-string-$600-plus-shipping-1005189/

that is a legit Bacchus Twenty Four model. That was the initial model having a single coil pickup and rosewood fingerboards. The bridge is also original Bacchus DB bridge. The tuners are original Gotoh. The preamp is original Bacchus EB-1 model not Bartolini. However, the pickguard is not original. The later Twenty Four model which is now DISCONTINUED has humbucking pickup with series parallel switch and Bartolini XTCT preamp, ebony fingerboard and ash body.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. danhmap

danhmap

Hi
    I want to order a pickguard for my bacchus woodlund jazz 5 strings. Any help I can order it?
    Thx

7. DStJ

DStJ

Well better a late response than never. Yes I have purchased from Danny Stewart. I would definitely recommend him. I was a bit nervous at first because he is in another country (japan) but he kept in constant touch with me via email about my custom order, and it came as promised. I LOVE my Bacchus bass. I like it better than my American Fenders, The craftsmanship is immaculate, and after a small adjustment, it plays just as well as I had hoped it would. bass.jpg

8. mystique333

mystique333

Looks like Bacchus Basses and Guitars will be available for purchase from Canada from VSN guitars. I saw the advertising of them coming soon. Contacted them and they confirmed that the full lineup of all 4 series (Hand Made, Craft, Global and Universe) will be available direct from them. First shipment coming in beginning of August this year. I am expecting much lower shipping charges and shorter delivery times than ordering from Japan. Check out their ad at www.vsnguitars.com

9. Venomouscontrol

Venomouscontrol

try rakuten. http://global.rakuten.com/en/category/206002
    I've owned and demoed several Bacchus Basses. Let me warn you, they have two extreme sides. One being extremely poor quality and sound, the other being extremely excellent quality and demo. Depending one what price range you get the bass, what you pay is what you would definitely get. I mean, the cheap ones are made of poplar, the more expensive ones such as the Woodline ones have flame maple on alder, and they look gorgeous, sounds even better. I'd say you should give it a shot.