back on the market - need help!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Precision345, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Precision345

Precision345 Supporting Member

I'm back on the market, the prostitution market. Just kidding.

I'm again looking for a quality 4x10 cabinet at a reasonable price.

I've been looking at several different options and can't seem to decide. Currently I want something that sounds great, has a nice thick meaty low end response and isn't going to break the bank. I currently have a Ampeg 4x10 that's great but it's only a 4 ohm cabinet so I can't link it with another cabinet if I want to stack up a fridge for more volume & ear ruining. I also want something that has some degree of ease of transport. Tilt back with wheels and a handle bar is nice but not completely neccessary.

So far i've looked at:

Orange 4x10 which is basically out already based on the price unless I can get one used.

GK 4x10 neo & the regular GK 4x10 which is a decent price but i've never played any of these but they're lightweight which is great

and I've also looked at an Acoustic 4x10 which I know virtually nothing about.

Has anyone have any suggestions or experience with any of the cabinets i've mentioned?

I may just go back to Ampeg and get an 8 ohm 4x10 half stack
  2. Alex1984

Alex1984

Are you fixed on 410s? A lot of people seem to like getting 2 210s and stacking them vertically so all 4 drivers are on a straight line.
  3. Dug2

Dug2 Supporting Member

check out EBS
  4. shoot-r

shoot-r

Big + 1 for this!!!

I've been gigging two, Avatar 210 cabinets as a vertical 410 for almost 4 years now.......LOVE em'.

Use one for rehearsals/small giggs, two when more volume, coverage is needed, plus, in the vertical it gets the top driver up near your ears.

Check out Avatar, they use the same Eminence drivers, Foster horns, Eminence x-overs, construction, ect. as the brand name manufacturers but at a lower price.

www.avatarspeakers.com
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. hsech

hsech I can feel the love....... Gold Supporting Member

A GK 2x12 Neo will do ya. That's a whole lot easier to store and haul than a 4x10.