'Back To bartolini'

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mustBmtd, Jan 25, 2014.

1. mustBmtd

mustBmtd

To many basses out of the four that I own. All are tight basses, But to close to same tones. One of the main reasons is I love Delano pickups. And all have different preamp, but for one I think I'll just try changing out the pickups and try bartolinis. So I'll be pulling out the Delano P/J set and seeing how the Barts do. Wants good with Bart pickups other than their own preamp. Looking for a good ear grabbing body shaking tone. Might be up for a trade. But let me know about a preamp suggestion with Bartolini pickups other than a bart preamp. :cool: :bassist:
  2. Isotonic

Isotonic Supporting Member

I use 9Jls with the Audere preamp. I think they match up very nicely.
  3. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    I have 2 basses with Bart pickups and Aguilar OBP-3 preamps. IMO they work very well together.
  4. Eublet

Eublet Supporting Member

+1 though I've not had this combo in quite a number of years. Back in the day however, I loved this setup, and listening back to old recordings I'm always struck by how full and rich the combination sounded. Never to harsh and pingy, nor bottom heavy and muddy. Just fat, thick, "sit under the band and push" kind of tone with just enough top end to have some presence. I've been fighting the urge to go this direction on one of my basses lately, just because enough is enough at some point with all these gear changes! :D
  5. Register to disable this ad