Back to Bass, Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rattfink, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Rattfink

Rattfink

Well I'm getting back to Bass after 10years off. I still remember a few songs when I went to GC and tooled around. So I should pick it back up quickly. Anyhow, I not up for the beginner bass. I'm looking at a G&L L2000 or Warwick RockBass Corvette, both used around $400. Just wanted to get the opinion of some more experienced people. I enjoy all styles of play, fat round Hard Rock, to Funk and Metal.
  2. Immigrant

Immigrant

I'd go with the G&L after some price research (because it must be a Tribute and I'm unfamiliar with used prices on those) because I prefer G&L over Warwick. That's just me.

Offer $300 and if they decline, go about tree fiddy.
  3. Rattfink

Rattfink

thank you Immigrant
    So, G&L's are still top notch, even the Tribute line?
  4. Din Of Win

Din Of Win

I'm actually pretty damn impressed by the Tribute line of G&Ls.

I've played both the US and Tribute L2000s and SB2s, and the difference is preeeeeeetty slim.

You get a heck of a lot of bang for your buck with the "budget" G&L.

On the other hand, i've never really played a RockBass that has impressed me. Granted, all have been used, so maybe they were abused... but literally, every one has been lackluster.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member

The G&L will give you a very wide range of sounds, much more so than the RockBass.

As I understand, the pickups in the Tributes are the same as the US -made G&L's. So, yes, still top-notch!