Back to Bass, Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rattfink, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Rattfink

Jan 31, 2014
    Denver,CO USA
    Well I'm getting back to Bass after 10years off. I still remember a few songs when I went to GC and tooled around. So I should pick it back up quickly. Anyhow, I not up for the beginner bass. I'm looking at a G&L L2000 or Warwick RockBass Corvette, both used around $400. Just wanted to get the opinion of some more experienced people. I enjoy all styles of play, fat round Hard Rock, to Funk and Metal.
  2. I'd go with the G&L after some price research (because it must be a Tribute and I'm unfamiliar with used prices on those) because I prefer G&L over Warwick. That's just me.

Offer $300 and if they decline, go about tree fiddy.
  3. Rattfink

Jan 31, 2014
    Denver,CO USA
    thank you Immigrant
    So, G&L's are still top notch, even the Tribute line?
  4. I'm actually pretty damn impressed by the Tribute line of G&Ls.

I've played both the US and Tribute L2000s and SB2s, and the difference is preeeeeeetty slim.

You get a heck of a lot of bang for your buck with the "budget" G&L.

On the other hand, i've never really played a RockBass that has impressed me. Granted, all have been used, so maybe they were abused... but literally, every one has been lackluster.
  5. Sponsored by:

6. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    The G&L will give you a very wide range of sounds, much more so than the RockBass.

As I understand, the pickups in the Tributes are the same as the US -made G&L's. So, yes, still top-notch!