1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Background audio clips

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by SunnBass, Mar 8, 2014.

1. SunnBass

SunnBass All these blankets saved my life. Supporting Member

Media:
    Alright, let's cut to the chase:

I'm in an experimental, instrumental band.
    We used to use background audio all through our set, I have some cool old time radio shows and things like that.
    The way we were running it was to hook an iPod with the full clip to it's own amp, start it at the beginning of the set and let it run the whole time.
    While we do like this, I'm actually interested in finding some sort of pedal that I can load with different clips and be able to select/playback specific ones between songs.
    I'm not interested in having a computer or iPad or whatnot on stage, just something in pedal form that I can load, then select and trigger with my foot.
    It seems like the Digitech Jamman can do this?
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

2. seamonkey

seamonkey

iPods touch will do it
    If your iPod has bluetooth, take a look at IK MultiMedia Blueboard

3. Syxz_ML

Syxz_ML

I use the jamman for this exact same thing. Works beautifully

4. SunnBass

Media:
    So, do you load the clips to the jamman?
    And then you can flip through them and play the one you want, when you want?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Syxz_ML

Syxz_ML

Yup. Exactly that. You can load them straight from a pc thru usb. You can set each individual wav to repeat or just play once, which is what I think you're looking for. Now as far as scrolling thru them on the fly you have to bend down and turn the knob with ur hand. With an added footswitch you can scroll up/down instantly hands free. Now this of course is for the original JamMan. The newer one with the 4 footswitches have all these functions in one pedal. But much bulkier

7. SunnBass

Media:
    Which one do you have?
    The one with two switches?

8. Syxz_ML

Syxz_ML

Yeah I have the original one. I also have the added footswitch but recently since I use it as more of a one time sample trigger I don't even use the footswitch. I just set the preset between songs and when I'm ready to trigger it bam it's right there. Love that pedal. If it were to break it's a definite must buy for me again