1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Backline and PA rental - Monterey CA

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Jonesy, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Jonesy

Jonesy

Hi all,

My 5 pc. band has been hired to do a rare for us, fly-in gig from Minneapolis, MN to play a private party in Monterey CA in late April 2014

Can anyone recommend someone in the area that will rent and deliver/setup a min 8 channel PA and back-line for a night?

We're a group of old pros in our 40's -50's and aren't too demanding. We just need enough gear to present well for a mature crowd of 75-125. We can fly in our own guitars, mics and cords as needed.

For backline, we'll need a couple of medium sized tube guitar amps, an OK bass rig and a min. 4 pc. drum kit with decent cymbals. For PA, we'll need 7-8 mic stands, a couple of good quality small PA speakers on stands and a small sub.

Any referrals would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John
  2. BassCliff

BassCliff

Hi,

SIR in San Francisco should be able to handle anything you need. But let me talk to a friend in the area to see if there are any smaller, more local outfits that can do the job too.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
  3. Jonesy

Jonesy

Thank you BassCliff, I appreciate you looking into it for me.

John
  4. BassCliff

BassCliff

Hi,

I searched a little but can provide only a few links. You'll have to call to ensure any of these can handle your band's needs.

This is SIR in San Francisco: http://www.sir-usa.com/location.php?city=san-francisco

Other, more local sound companies:

http://roadhogs.net/sound.htm

http://www.montereybaysound.com/services.php

http://www.mccune.com/home

Sorry I can't be of more help. I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple of friends. I'll pass along any information that I get.

BassCliff
  5. Jonesy

Jonesy

Thanks again BassCliff!

It probably won't make any difference , but I just learned today we are actually playing at a winery near Gilroy, not in Monterey as I thought.
  6. Larryv114

Larryv114

Hello John,

I own Monterey Bay Sound in Salinas, CA. I read your post and I can definitely supply what you need for your fly in gig in Gilroy. Thanks to the person who posted my link in the forums! You can contact through this website, or at Larry@montereybaysound.com.

Thanks,
    Larry
  7. wideload

wideload

Larry V! Good to see you here. I played bass for Greg Morrison for a couple of decades. Not playing much anymore as a spinal cord injury has slowed me down. OP,. You can't go wrong here..good luck

Larry Eckerdt
  8. BassCliff

BassCliff

Hi,

I love it when a plan comes together! You guys have a great show!

BassCliff
  9. Larryv114

Larryv114

Hey Larry. Good to see you here too. Long time. My brother Bob played guitar with Greg for a couple of years. Sorry to hear about your injury. Keep in touch.

BassCliff, thanks for posting my link for Jonesy. I followed his path from my website back to this forum and found this thread. I'll be glad to help him out.

P.S. I'm also a bass player for many many years

Larry V
  10. Jonesy

Jonesy

Thanks all!
    Larry, I'll send you an email.