1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Backup amp

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by woody357, Apr 1, 2014.

1. woody357

woody357

I use a Eden Wt 550, that I sometimes run at 2 ohms, I also have a Genz Benz shuttle 6.2 that I use for small gigs, and take as a backup when I use the Eden. My problem is the GB only goes down to 4 ohms. I need something small that will go down to 2 ohms that I can take with me as a backup. Suggestions please!!

2. spankdaplank

spankdaplank

Carvin BX500 or the new BX700. Light weight, powerful, sound good and are very affordable.

3. GretschBassist

GretschBassist

I don't understand this. Why would you have to run at 2 ohms? Just get a different cab for the smaller amp?

4. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

If it's a backup amp he wants, it'll be something light with the ability to be used in place of his main amp. I'm sure he doesn't want to haul an extra cab to a gig.

OP, if you could get away with it, could you run into just one cab with the GB? If your gigs are big enough to need a full stack surely there'd be PA support which you could hook the bass into, should still have enough on-stage volume (particularly if you have a cab nearer ear level, if it's stacked ontop of another one).

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. GretschBassist

GretschBassist

Oh right, I've mistaken BACKUP for something for smaller gigs. Ignore me then.

7. Feral Feline

Feral Feline Supporting Member

EA Micro

According to the manual: 550 watts at either 2 or 4 ohms. I'm surprised EA doesn't mention the 2ohm rating on the main web page for this model, it's only mentioned in the PDF manual.

8. woody357

woody357

I sometimes play gigs where I use a double stack because I don't have PA support, the club is large and I have to carry the room. The Eden does go down to 2 ohms, but the GB doesn't, so if I am on a gig that need the stack, if something happens the GB will only run one cabinet.

9. chris_b

chris_b

I assume you've got 2 4 ohm cabs?

My first choice would be to get another Eden. Second choice would be another GB and run 1 into each cab and daisy chain the amps.

I bought a back up TH500 which I've daisy chained with 2 4 ohm cabs. Great tone and as loud as anyone could need.