Bad Experience with MF Forum Deal

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Dondabass, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Dondabass

Dondabass Supporting Member

I hate to throw the MF Forum deal under the bus; in fact, I have benefitted several times using the deal. But...A few days ago (following our rules) I asked for the best price on the older version Ampeg BA-110. It was still listed as in stock, and I thought that I would grab it before it goes away. The sales rep (unless the moderator wants me to say who it is) told me that it was out of stock, and that they were in the process of removing it from their website. I believed him, and he asked if I wanted something else. I said no, and thank you. When I checked the website several days later, they were still listed as availble. So I called MF, and the sales rep I got told me that they had a few still in stock. He sold me the item, and even gave me a discount. What is going on here?
  2. Webskipper

Webskipper Supporting Member

I kinda had a similar experience through email.

I think they are on commission or some sort of incentive other than keeping their job.

So I went with fullcompass and asked if they could do better than MAP for a descent order.

Just ask when you are ready to buy.
  3. Frankjohnson

Frankjohnson

I think you need to be grateful when you get a good deal and if you aren't happy with what you get - call in and just ask for a best price - mention talkbass and the forum. I got a healthy discount on an item which allowed me to actually step up to two of them. I have gotten next to nothing on others........ could have been a new person?
  4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    Maybe there was simply a glitch in their system that showed it as being out of stock? Or maybe a few more showed up that that person didn't know were coming?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Ampig

Ampig Supporting Member

What's the bad experience? You got what you wanted at a discount with a slight hitch in the process.
  7. Dondabass

The bad experience was that I felt that I was being lied to and that I had to research the info myself, call back and try to do a deal over the phone. The person that I spoke with on the phone was convinced that there was no issue with their system and took care of me.
    I am the Director of Sales for a major software company, and I will not let my employees lie to customers ever.
  8. invalidprotocol

invalidprotocol Supporting Member

Sometimes people can just be wrong or computer problems can be to blame. Others are just too lazy and don't push past a perceived problem. Doesn't seem like much incentive to lie here.
  9. BillisCool

BillisCool

Accusing them of lying seems like a stretch.
  10. Ryan L.

Media:
    You have no proof that you were lied to. There could be a multitude of reasons why the rep said that they were out of stock. .....

You were slightly inconvenienced getting a deal on an amp. A deal which they are not required to even give you.
  11. 254 stringer

254 stringer Supporting Member

If they see many threads like this they may stop with the TB deals. Just saying be careful what you post.
  12. Ryan L.

Media:
    Exactly what I was thinking.
  13. sleepy_monkey

sleepy_monkey

Stock-outs happen all the time. They could have been discontinued and then ended up with a shipment they were not expecting...or they could have been allocated for other customers already and maybe they had cancelled orders because people wanted the new model. I used to work for a high end electronics boutique and sometimes stock just 'showed up'. That happens a lot.
  14. vishuddha

vishuddha 100% Mediocre Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Drum Sales - Guitar Center
    I can't even tell you the amount of times someone asks me for a certain guitar/amp/stick and I tell them we are out of stock of only for a shipment of them to show up an hour or two later.

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.
  15. Dondabass

Ok, ok, you got me. If I overeacted, I apologize. Maybe a bad day for me...:oops::oops: