Badass 3 Alignment problem

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by pickups, Mar 3, 2014.

1. pickups

pickups

Just got my Badass 3 and after installing it on my 2013 Fender precision i can’t get the D or G strings spacing correct. i strung them through the holes on back of bridge and its probably an inch apart between A and D. D and G are off also. Its just odd. Has anyone else had this problem? Also strings are at an angle from hole to saddle on D and G strings. The grooves won’t hold strings in position when tightened, they just move to the groove that has least resistance. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

2. unclebass

unclebass

I got a bass about a year ago that had a Badass V bridge on it. The former owner ran the strings through the wrong holes on the back of the bridge. I believe the Badass III had 8 holes across the top and 4 on the bottom. The top holes are for the saddle intonation adjusting screws. The bottom holes are for the strings. The strings will fit through the top holes, but will not be straight. Remove the strings and run them through the lower holes and your problems will be solved.

3. unclebass

unclebass

http://www.rexbass.com/2011/06/leo-quan-badass-bridges.html

Scroll down to image of Badass III

Top holes are for intonation adjusting screws. Badass II has only 4 holes for intonation screws, Badass III has 8 holes. Means you can shift saddles to different positions if you prefer intonation screws to come from other side. Bottom holes are for strings. Easy to get strings in wrong hole. I've done it myself.

4. pickups

pickups

Thanks Unclebass! i have a couple of badass ii bridges and the strings go thru the small holes. I just saw the big hole and went for those:) Everything is fine now except my flat wound E stings has too much yarn on the back end so it would fit thru:/ Thanks again!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. silverburst

silverburst Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Cave Passive Pedals, Owner: rexbass.com
    I learn something new everyday! Thanks for the info on the BA III...