1. Welcome to the premier online community and classifieds for bass players!

Register a free account to post, remove lots of ads, and more!

Badass Bass II Bridge

Discussion in 'Bass Central' started by TheFenderBender, Feb 1, 2013.

1. TheFenderBender

TheFenderBender

Jun 27, 2012
    If your looking for some fantastic sustain and great deep attack from the low end, you should really try putting one of these on a beater or some other bass your not really attached too, if for some reason you dont like it. It's really dense though, and if you've got a bad back maybe not the best choice. It's really easy to install, and gives some real clarity to your basslines, so I'd really try one out. I've got one on my 1990 squier, and it sounds even better then before.

B-Bake likes this.
  2. Try a Hipshot Bridge. Made my Squier VM Jaguar one of my top playing Basses. Plus its designed to make stringing a snap to do.

3. Michael777

Michael777

Feb 22, 2006
    Disclosures:
    General Manager: Bass Central
    Has Anyone tried the Babicz Bridges? Or the Fender Bad ASS Clones?

4. meshica7

meshica7

Mar 7, 2009
    I replaced the bridges on 3 of my Jazz Basses. 2 of them got the Bad Ass and one got a nice Gotoh. I def hear the difference in sustain and clarity from the Bad Ass and the Gotoh added more depth to my Squire VM Jazz Bass Fretless. I am interested in trying the Fender clones...seen them on the latest round of Geddy Lee Jazz Basses. Not sure if Leo Quan is still having issues with manufacturing. I know when I got my Quan's that the dealer told me they may be hard to get very soon. I belive that's part of the reason,if not the main one,that Fender is making their own version just for the Geddy Lee Jazz Bass.
    Never used a Babicz..looks super solid. Wondering how easy they are to setup?

5. Sponsored by:

6. MovingPitchers

MovingPitchers A Geddy Lee wannabe

Jun 9, 2013
    Vancouver, B.C
    I'm interested in trying out the new Fender BadAss clones. The new USA Geddy has one. Looks amazing.

It's because Mr. Quan died a long time ago and the company was left leaderless and without a successor. The company eventually got absorbed into Fender until very very recently.

They must have run out of BAIIs because none of the signature models save the Steve Harris model have the BAII now: The Mendel P, Dirnt P, Geddy J....Hoppus' model never had one and Marcus Miller's bass was discontinued when he started endorsing Sire.

Citation needed but I feel like this is a logical theory.

7. meshica7

meshica7

Mar 7, 2009

Makes sense to me. I just saw a video where Geddy talks about the MIA Geddy Lee Jazz Bass and he mentions the new Fender version of the bridge.
    Wonder if Fender will make the new bridges available on their accesories page.

8. MovingPitchers

MovingPitchers A Geddy Lee wannabe

Jun 9, 2013
    Vancouver, B.C
    Mmmm maybe! If enough people want the bridge alone without having to buy a bass that has that particular model installed, they might just do that.

Granted, it would cost quite a lot for it though.

9. meshica7

meshica7

Mar 7, 2009