1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Badger Schism or Wounded Paw V4?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by apdamron, Aug 29, 2013.

1. apdamron

apdamron

Looking to upgrade form my Boss LS-2, which is a fine pedal but doesnt quite do what i need. The ability to individually switch the loops on off is a must. One thing the wounded paw seems to have that the schism doesnt is the option to run some of the loops in series and some in parallel...

2. Darknut

Darknut Supporting Member

The schism is my choice & has been perfect so far for my setup ... the only down side to the wounded paw is it is huge. They are both great though .... you won't go wrong with either one IMHO.

3. DagoMaino

DagoMaino Supporting Member

I ended up going with the WP v3. It has more options than the schism and is smaller than the v4. Great unit!

4. yaksonator

yaksonator

Badger schism is a beast of a pedal and it's size is a plus too. If it helps the customer service's top notch as well. He basically rebuilt my pedal for free when I thought it was having issues. Turns out it was one of my cables.. I upgraded to the schism from an ls2 and haven't looked back at all. No regrets. I have no experience with the wounded paw, seems like a solid unit too!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jasonmitsch

jasonmitsch

I use the WP v4 and it has helped define my tone as a bassist. Seriously. I wouldn't use half of the pedals I use if I couldn't blend all of the channels. It is big, but I use a pt pro.