1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Bag End D10X-D 4ohm - Needs TLC - $150.00

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by PubliclyViewable, Nov 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PubliclyViewable

PubliclyViewable Previously Bloodywanker1 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Thread closed; cab not for sale - I found a 250w Eminence Beta-10CX coaxial speaker and decided to keep it for now:bag:

What I have is a mostly functional 4 ohm D10X-D cab in need of some love. The regular 10" driver is perfectly fine, but the coaxial driver has a 'flutter' to it when at stage-type volume. The bass driver portion of the coax speaker seems fine, but the high driver is what seems to be making the flutter (or buzz).

I contacted Bag End, and a complete replacement would be $290. Personally, I would recommend purchasing a standard (non-coax) driver of your choice to save some $$$... or if you could afford it, Bag End would gladly supply you with another coaxial driver. The cab does have a LOT of punch however, even with the buzz.

Issue #2 - I believe this to be un-related, but only the 1/4" jacks work. Both of those are functional, but the Speakons are non-functioning. I have not tested the binding posts, as I don't have a banana plug. I wouldn't think that this is anything other than a small job to fix, but it should be disclosed.

I bought this cab in this condition a couple months ago, and just I'm just looking to get *most* of my cash back.

The cab is actually functional, though. Please check out my video (playing mostly whole and quarter notes in the lower register to bring out the buzz most prominently). PLEASE NOTE - The vid was taken with my Samsung Galaxy phone, so at higher volume the phone itself distorts... Capturing the buzz accurately is quite difficult.

ADDITION: A while back I acquired an older Ampeg BXT-410 (pawn shop find) that was blown and pulled the drivers, which I still have. There is a local man that does speaker restoration for about $60-$80 per driver, who did my 32-year old Bag End 15 recone. If you would like, I'll throw in one of those drivers for free. They are made by Eminence, and are 150w, cast-basket drivers, so they're actually pretty good and worthwhile to recone. Just a thought!

Thank you for looking!

Attached Files:

2. jazzbo66

jazzbo66

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Will you ship it?
  3. PubliclyViewable

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Sure, shipping is an option. Probably around $60-100 to the 48, I would think.
  4. PubliclyViewable

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

5. PubliclyViewable

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Decided to keep her! Found a 250w Eminence Beta-10CX brand new for $70...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.