Balanced string recommendation Thrid time

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by InsaneBassninja, Jan 23, 2014.

1. InsaneBassninja

InsaneBassninja

Am personally getting tired of having my fingers rip up all the time from my Round wound strings. Now am really considering changing over too Flat-wounds am looking for the Most Balanced. Right now am looking into Addardo Chromes strings which its 132, 100, 80, 65, 45 and I have add the 32 to into the mix. is this ok for should I use the 105 for E. Lets make this fast am buying them tomorrow.

2. FourBanger

FourBanger

Buy a set from LaBella, they've been well balanced all along.

3. InsaneBassninja

InsaneBassninja

ok... The Reason I siad the Addarodo is because I can pick up a 5 string set up and just have to buy a 32 for it to make it a complane 6 string bass.

4. ixlramp

ixlramp

See the D'Addario tension chart, not enough choice of gauges to do 6 strings balanced tension, the closest is either 132 100 75 55 40 32 (high C tghter) or a heavier set 132 105 80 60 45 32 (low B looser).

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. InsaneBassninja

InsaneBassninja

Am just going to buy that pack that saids `132, 100, 80, 65, 45 then buy the 32 from Mr. SlanpinFunk which I need ask him something as well its about his other site Gutiarstringsonline. Am going to be puting flats on my 6 string guitar.

7. SoVeryTired

SoVeryTired Endorsing nothing, recommending much Supporting Member

Okay, but that isn't going to be balanced tension at all. The G and D will be much tighter than the lower strings.

8. Duckwater

Duckwater

Yep

9. FourBanger

FourBanger

Glad we could help.

10. InsaneBassninja

InsaneBassninja

Is it normal for Flats to sound like Round wound? Because thats what I got was Flat but they sound practacal the same as round in my ears.

11. Duckwater

Duckwater

Chromes are bright, they won't develop that thumpy sound until you play them for a few hundred hours or more.

12. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I stuck a bass in my
    you know if you play for a few months it doesnt matter if you play razor blades your fingers can handle it!

smooth balanced.....circkleK and Fodera nickels.

fodera actually feel a little grippy in a cool way not a finger ripping way...but it smooths out after they break in a bit. They are really nice even toned even feeling strings for the money.