1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Bare Knuckle P 58 Pup for maple necks

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Mad Tango, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Mad Tango

Mad Tango

I put this in a maple neck p-bass and overall, I do like it best. I have had/have Nordstrand NP-4, Fender RI 62, Fender 50's, Seymour Duncan in three (two Rosewood and one maple neck) P-basses. All of the other pups sound good and are nice choices for sure! However; for a maple neck P-bass, I really like the Bare Knuckle 58' a little more than the other crowd. What I really dig is that it sounds good w/tone all the way up (which maple necks can sound a tad brittle /brashy/honky w/ tone100% up) to all the way down to less than halfway on the tone knob. However; I don't quite like BK P-58 pups w/tone all the way down it gets a bit too (for me) indistinct sounding. The other pups can sound good w/tone all the way down. The Nordstrand= my fav. for Rosewood necks for that good hollow sound. Anyway, just letting you know my 1-1/2 cents worth- hope it helps someone w/future choice.