1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Bare Knuckle P 58 Pup for maple necks

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Mad Tango, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Mad Tango

Mad Tango

I put this in a maple neck p-bass and overall, I do like it best. I have had/have Nordstrand NP-4, Fender RI 62, Fender 50's, Seymour Duncan in three (two Rosewood and one maple neck) P-basses. All of the other pups sound good and are nice choices for sure! However; for a maple neck P-bass, I really like the Bare Knuckle 58' a little more than the other crowd. What I really dig is that it sounds good w/tone all the way up (which maple necks can sound a tad brittle /brashy/honky w/ tone100% up) to all the way down to less than halfway on the tone knob. However; I don't quite like BK P-58 pups w/tone all the way down it gets a bit too (for me) indistinct sounding. The other pups can sound good w/tone all the way down. The Nordstrand= my fav. for Rosewood necks for that good hollow sound. Anyway, just letting you know my 1-1/2 cents worth- hope it helps someone w/future choice.