1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Bare knuckle pups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Mossiebass, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Mossiebass

Mossiebass

So I've been looking at buying new pups for my cheap jazz. The guy in my local store suggested these. I've read the other posts but most of them have just been complaining about price. The store has them on sale for 120 euro (usually about 220), which I think is a fair price for good pickups in Ireland. I just want to know does anyone have any experience with these, and how did you find the sound. https://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/main/pickups.php?cat=bass&sub=vintage&pickup=60_hf&series=j_bass
  2. Mossiebass

Mossiebass

3. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist Supporting Member

They have a great reputation among guitarists. At that price, I would try them out. Give us a review!
  4. Mossiebass

Mossiebass

So I decided to buy the pickups and will give a description of the sound after I install them tomorrow, as it's clear they are rare enough around here.
  5. Musiclogic

Musiclogic

Disclosures:
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    Bare Knuckles are still limited here because of their price. They are a good sounding pickups, just not any better than Fralins, Aeros, Nordys, or Delanos. Something to look at also might be Lollars or Reed James. Both are awesome vintage repros.