1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Barefaced 69'er thread

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by kringle77, Nov 8, 2011.

1. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

I just wanted to start a thread for this cab before it comes out. It looks like it will be the next evolution for guys like me who love the sealed cabs. So, when will this finally be available?
  2. kringle77

That was a quick response. Thanks, I corrected the title. A picture of the cab would be nice. I am assuming that the 5 bass drivers in the cab are neo's? Any chance that you would let us know what guitar driver you are using for the top end? It would give folks a better idea of the tonal character. If not, I totally understand. You wouldn't want guys building their own cabs off your hard work and design.
  3. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice

Disclosures:
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Talking to yourself? :confused:
  4. kringle77

No, there was a message posted and then it dissapeared. Or did it? ;)
  5. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

There was another post in there, I saw it when I clicked on the thread and it was gone by the time the thread loaded.

I'm definitely interested in this cab, would be great to see some pics, get more info. The website has a solid description, but I'm still itchin' for pics ;)
  6. alexclaber

alexclaber

Disclosures:
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    It seemed a superfluous post after you'd corrected the spelling! Working on the CADCAM for it at the moment...
  7. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

8. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen

Disclosures:
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    Bet it looks like a 6x10 with suspiciously thin edges.
  9. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

I wouldn’t doubt it, Barefaced is light years ahead of the pack - I’m looking forward to seeing it.
  10. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    :D

A little OT but one thing I am going to do on my guitar cab (and/or other bass cabs) that get used with older tube heads, etc. is to run an additional strip of 1/4" or whatever thickness is needed just around the face of it so classic hardware fits and "looks right" sort of hiding the thinner, better braced contruction. It would look nice. May sort of hide many of the benefits of better contruction.....until you pick it up.
  11. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member

Re the speakers, I believe the website says they are ceramic.
  12. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Casting out the nines Supporting Member

I don't even own a tube head at the moment and I'm infatuated with this cab design. . .
  13. kringle77

Yup, ceramic. The cab itself must way around 20lbs? The only thing I don't see on this cab is wheels and a handle like the nv610. Thats what makes it so easy to move.
  14. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Wow, that is lightweight and no neo either - an 810 that only weighs 65lbs is amazing.
  15. makohund

makohund

Its not an 8x10, its a 6x10. 3 on one side doing just lows, 2 on the other side running full range, and a "guitar" 10 in the remaining spot doing mids and highs.

So... a very well designed 6x10. Very cool.
  16. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice

Disclosures:
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    And 30 years overdue. Not to take anything away from Alex, but all he's doing is using acoustical engineering techniques that have long been known by every segment of the loudspeaker design community except the electric bass industry. What he's using here is called a .5 alignment, and the fact that it has a name is quite telling.
  17. rpsands

rpsands

The guitar industry is as bad or worse than EB :)
  18. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Oops, I mean 610 - awesome.
  19. Franz Jr.

Franz Jr. Supporting Member

20. mattprestler

mattprestler

Any pics of this cab yet?