1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

bareknuckle P/J set bass pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bojondar, Jan 13, 2013.

1. bojondar

bojondar

Hi, just installed a pair of Bareknuckle 65'split coil P pickup and 60' PE Jazz bridge pickup on my 2012 Fender american deluxe precision bass..

Great pickups, especially the 60' PE J pickup it has more Output and More definition on the note articulation compare to the Fender stock pickup (Fender N3)

very rare to see bass player made a review of this pickup so i decide to made one check on this link:

Hope helps for all the bass player who seeking how the Bareknuckle pickups sounds like
    :bassist::bassist:
  2. Killcram187

Killcram187

i had a set on my MIM fender and they did wonders.
    i even convinced my guitarist to get a set of aftermath humbuckers on his 7 string guitar, now he doesn't know how he ever lived without em

i HIGHLY recommend the brand
  3. spaz21387

spaz21387

honestly I prefer the sound from the stock pickup for a p bass it should have that low end thump thats lacking in the bareknuckle pickup.
  4. bojondar

bojondar

Yes,My guitar player also use Nailbomb plays a Guthrie govans songs "five"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy-FipxglhE
  5. bojondar

bojondar

yes thats exactly what i heard too..

I set the pickup to high (near the string) at that soundsclip..

so it gets a little More gain/dirty sounds..

a little bit more modern on BK P pickups..not too traditional P sounds alike
  6. Marcury

Marcury High and Low Supporting Member

makes the comparison pretty useless IMHO
  7. bojondar

bojondar

At least i found the different after record it..

Your brain and ear wont notice the different when you get the time-gap while changing the pickups..