1. Welcome to the premier online community and classifieds for bass players!

Register a free account to post, remove lots of ads, and more!

Bart TCT from PROAUDIOLAND.COM?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by blueacid4l, Jan 31, 2013.

1. blueacid4l

blueacid4l Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Hey guys,
    I'm currently looking for a Bartolini TCT Preamp to swap on a bass of mine. I really love the Pre-Gibson Tobias tone, but I was wondering if any one has installed one of the preamps from here:

http://www.proaudioland.com/bartolini-tct.html

It seems to be the only place on the Web where you can still find them.

2. evilgus

evilgus Supporting Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi Blue,

I installed one in a Pre-Gib Tobias Basic, temporarily, and it sounded pretty close to the original. I thought the original pre was stuffed, so got the replacement, but then discovered a bad solder joint and fixed it up. I can't honestly remember whether the new pre had the treble boost interaction at the top of the mid-boost, as described in the spec sheet, but I imagine it should be the same. The sound quality was fine, in fact, I'm going to fit one to another one of my Pre-Gibs, because it has a weird WTMB Pre that doesn't handle the high output of the drop-shoulder pickups very well.

Actually, you can also get 3 different mid-boost modules to go with the TCT, plus a switchable module, that has all 3 freqs. I bought a few of each, so I can tailor the freq to suit the bass, especially fretless versus fretted.

Cheers,

EG

3. evilgus

evilgus Supporting Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Actually, it looks like the MCT3MC mid-module has the treble boost option to go with the mid-boost, like the original circuits. I just bought the separate mids, MCT250/MCT375/MCT500, so don't have that yet... :)

eG

4. mhduffl

mhduffl

Nov 27, 2008
    Hong Kong
    I've got the XTCT from Proaudioland in Feb and it works very fine.
    I got from their ebay listing and the communication is very smooth.

Recommend Proaudioland!
    Good luck!

5. Sponsored by: