Bart TCT from PROAUDIOLAND.COM?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by blueacid4l, Jan 31, 2013.

1. blueacid4l

blueacid4l

Hey guys,
    I'm currently looking for a Bartolini TCT Preamp to swap on a bass of mine. I really love the Pre-Gibson Tobias tone, but I was wondering if any one has installed one of the preamps from here:

http://www.proaudioland.com/bartolini-tct.html

It seems to be the only place on the Web where you can still find them.
  2. evilgus

evilgus Supporting Member

Hi Blue,

I installed one in a Pre-Gib Tobias Basic, temporarily, and it sounded pretty close to the original. I thought the original pre was stuffed, so got the replacement, but then discovered a bad solder joint and fixed it up. I can't honestly remember whether the new pre had the treble boost interaction at the top of the mid-boost, as described in the spec sheet, but I imagine it should be the same. The sound quality was fine, in fact, I'm going to fit one to another one of my Pre-Gibs, because it has a weird WTMB Pre that doesn't handle the high output of the drop-shoulder pickups very well.

Actually, you can also get 3 different mid-boost modules to go with the TCT, plus a switchable module, that has all 3 freqs. I bought a few of each, so I can tailor the freq to suit the bass, especially fretless versus fretted.

Cheers,

EG
  3. evilgus

evilgus Supporting Member

Actually, it looks like the MCT3MC mid-module has the treble boost option to go with the mid-boost, like the original circuits. I just bought the separate mids, MCT250/MCT375/MCT500, so don't have that yet... :)

eG
  4. mhduffl

mhduffl

I've got the XTCT from Proaudioland in Feb and it works very fine.
    I got from their ebay listing and the communication is very smooth.

Recommend Proaudioland!
    Good luck!
  5. Register to disable this ad