Bartolini 5.4 Promblem

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Tewest86, May 19, 2012.

1. Tewest86

Tewest86

I just ordered and installed a Bartolini 5.4 preamp in my bass. This is like the 7th one I've installed. However, this one has an issue. When I try to boost the bass knob, volume cuts out from the bass. I get no sound at all. All other knobs work like they are supposed to. I can even cut bass. But when I try to add bass, if I turn knob past 2:00 the volume cuts out. I even tried another new pot and had the same results. What the heck could be the problem? I've tried everything. Thanks in advance.
  2. Tewest86

Tewest86

Anybody know the answer why?
  3. sprocket123

sprocket123

You better contact Barto with the problem buddy
  4. Tewest86

Tewest86

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. UZi

UZi

Did you get this figured out?

I have the same issue with my Treble and Bass, My Treble has to be up a little and bass cannot move out of the mid section, I wiggled the wires a bit and the fixed it once but now again I got that issue again. I bought this back in May of 2012.
  7. UZi

UZi

OK So this was my fix, I had to wiggle a post on the Treble knob, this fixed the issue with both bass and treble pots. Try this and see if that helps
  8. renniw

renniw

I had this issue on my bass, the problem was a bit of copper shield had raised and was touching one of the terminal on the bass control...
  9. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned

Disclosures:
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    If you have copper shielding in the control cavity, a good thing to do is put a strip of electrical tape under the terminals on the pots. That helps to prevent shorts.