1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Bartolini CB's, deep or bright?

Discussion in 'Roscoe Basses' started by bassmahn, Dec 18, 2012.

1. bassmahn

bassmahn

Hey guys,
    I'm considering trying out some CB's in my LG..
    I was wondering if you guys are buying the deep or bright models..
    Any info will be much appreciated.. Thanks!
  2. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Hmm...they're definitely BRIGHTER and less compressed than the custom wound Barts we typically use on the Custom/Signature lines. :)
  3. eo.

eo. Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar, Roscoe, Tech21
    Bartolini has one of the most confusing lines of products ever but I believe Deep Tone, Bright Tone, and Classic Bass are 3 different things. I'd stick with the CB's.
  4. bassmahn

bassmahn

Bestbassgear has 2 model #'s listed for all of their CB pickups... A deep CB and a bright CB..
    I wasn't sure what type to check out...
  5. LightGroove

LightGroove

I think you are confused with something. There are no bright and deep for the CB models. Roscoe uses a 6 string shell for both 5 string and 6 string bass models if were talking soapbars.

The model would be P46CBC.

I recommend buying the pickups direct from Roscoe. Their prices are right on the money and you know what your getting is the correct stuff.

Peace
  6. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Good point, and I should have made it - the only way to get a CB that fits our 5 string pickup rout is to get one from us, because they custom-make those shells just for us. Sorry, didn't even think of that - nice catch Michael! :)
  7. Jim Nazium

Jim Nazium Supporting Member

I agree. They make some great products, but they sure don't make it easy to fgure out what's what.