1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Bartolini company Q?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by DWBass, Dec 16, 2012.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    Anyone know what's going on with Bartolini? Have they ceased production? Still in business? Every retailer is out of stock (certain pickups and pre-amps) with no ETA! Frustrating! :meh:
  2. hibachiduck

hibachiduck

I'd have a hard time believing that. It seems like everyone and their dog has or has had a bass with Barts in it
  3. wvbass

wvbass

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

Things are fine, their just slow and are on back order with some models.
  5. DWBass

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    Really slow! I had to cancel several orders due to such long wait times! While their may be a ton of basses with Bartolini pickups, the particular pickups I have been seeking are just not available! Specifically the Neck position MK5.
  6. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

It has always been this way with Bartolini, as far as I can remember.
    Great products but constant backorders and lousy service. Their site is always late by a few years.
    They are worth the wait though.
  7. DWBass

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    I hear you. In the meantime, I put in Nordie Big Splits. While they sound great, I really wanted the Barts. I just couldn't wait any longer!
  8. maturanesa

maturanesa

it seems bartolini´s webmaster is managing the entire bussiness
  9. synaesthesia

synaesthesia

Ditto. You have to wait if you want them. Great business model for Bartolini as it has always been a seller's market for them.
  10. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

I had some Bartolini questions and has similar frustration expressed here. I spoke to Gaurd at Roscoe and I have the Bartolini reps name and phone number if anyone needs it PM me. He lives in FL, his name is Tom...
  11. Musiclogic

Musiclogic

Disclosures:
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    The CF5 is a great replacement for the MK. If you don't mind the wider aperture. My favorite Bart.
  12. DWBass

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    Didn't want to have to mod the pickup route. I think the P2's fit in the same routing as the MK's. Maybe I'll check availability on those.