1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Bartolini output seems low?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Cutty, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Cutty

Cutty

Hi guys,i bought a Bart 9J-L1 to match up with my 8SU P pickup to install in my modern player Jag bass,all wired in correctly,but the output from the 9J seems very low,the bass is wired V-V-T,is this the way these 9J's are?any help would be great,thanks.

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    Barts J's are inherently medium output in nature. Usually paired to a preamp. Or at least a booster module to bring up the output levels. I personally would not use Barts in a passive setup.

3. Isotonic

Isotonic Supporting Member

This has been my experience as well. Stick an Audere in there and watch them come alive with rich, musical mid tones.

4. Cutty

Cutty

I thought that might be the case,Thanks.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Maz

Maz

I just installed the same set and was having the same problem. Wired mine balance, volume, jack, and absolutely love the sound of them passive. Too bad about the output difference from P to J.. I wonder, If I add a preamp will the output difference be trivialized or just lessened a little?

7. Lonnybass

Lonnybass

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla Basses
    This. Add a preamp and things will change substantially.