1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Bass amp clipping too easily

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Perdition6, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Perdition6

Perdition6

:scowl: . So I've had my Peavey tour TKO 115 for about a year or so and a while ago, it started clipping at low volumes. I know clipping could be the result of many things, but at such low volumes, it's really annoying. I've ruled out bad cables or basses or power cables. It seems as if the clipping is coming from the tweeter.

Please, I need some suggestions because I've already brought it to a tech who said there is nothing wrong with it. :help:

P.S. oddly enough, the same clipping can be heard when playing with headphones, so I have no idea what to think

2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

By clipping do you just mean distortion? Because they are different things. Distortion can be a result of clipping but may be caused by a bunch of other things.

3. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Your tech needs a clip, about the ear.

If you clean the input jack you've done everything I can think of except finding a new tech.

4. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Bass amp clipping too easily

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

look at the signal path ... check gain levels and rework the EQ.

5. Register to disable this ad