Bass amp for £200

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by nicefff, Oct 21, 2013.

1. nicefff

nicefff

I am looking for a new amp around this price, give or take £50 and would like suggestions. www.andertons.co.uk have the Ashdown Mini Rig 100w for £200 and I am highly interested and looking for a store nearby to test. But was just wondering what other amps there are and what their strengths are.

Thanks

2. nicefff

nicefff

3. BruceBass3901

BruceBass3901

The Ashdown mini rig is a pretty nice sounding amp for the money. You will get some better answers if you let us know what you intend on doing with the amp? Is it just for home practice? Small gigs? What amp are you running at the moment? What bass(es) are you using and what kind of music?

The rest of the All Access range by Ashdown are pretty solid little amps if you want a practice amp or a 'small venue' amplifier but you will most likely get lost if you are playing a large venue or have loud bandmates. The next step up would be the EB and MAG range combos but the price jumps up pretty quickly, as does the feature set and quality.

4. eukatheude

eukatheude

If you like Ashdown, an used MAG 300 combo is what you're looking for.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. nicefff

nicefff

Ah yes sorry. I currently own a fender rumble 30 amp , main bass is a fender modern player jazz and my other bass is a hagstrom viking. I want a amp for practise and hopefully sma gigs in the future.

7. nicefff

nicefff

8. nicefff

nicefff

Actuall I have up to 300 but yeah

9. Jepus

Jepus Supporting Member

TC Electronic BG250 is your answer.

10. nicefff

nicefff

well I was just looking at it and I just find it is a bit mediocre for its price, but I was looking at the Ashdown Electric blue 220w 1x12 and I really like it.

11. Pbassred

Pbassred

May I ask exactly what you hope to find in a new £200 combo? Perhaps try the 2nd hand market to stretch your budget. After all Electronics doesn't really get old - except the really budget gear. Unfashionable perhaps, but not old.

12. nicefff

nicefff

Well I am looking for something that holds strong mids and is suitible for a 3 man band set up, I plan to set up a blues band of some sort, but would be playing other styles too

13. eukatheude

eukatheude

Depends how much volume you need. I don't know about the EB 220, but i have the Mag 300W 1x15 and it gets loud, but just nearly not enough for me. I paired with a cheap cab and it does the job.