1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Bass Amp to Wireless Headphones

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by mattattack187, Nov 25, 2013.

1. mattattack187

mattattack187 Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

I did a little searching and didn't come up with much. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction of what I'm looking for.

I live in a Condo with very thin walls and with my amp on as low as 1 it still puts out a significant signal. I've been practicing with headphones for a while but hate getting tangled up in headphone wire.

Is there a way to plug the headphone out from my amp into a bluetooth transmitter that could send the signal off to wireless headphones?

Thanks.
  2. ljholland

ljholland

Do you have an iPhone?? Consider getting an iRig and using JamUp (with the B15 bass amp model. Then add bluetooth headphones. The iRig is $20, the JamUp software is $20 (often on sale). You could also use any of the other apps but I think that B15 patch sound very convincing.
  3. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

4. mattattack187

I have the iPad and JamUp actually and just thought of that before I checked up on this thread. I like being able to play my actual physical rig though.
  5. mattattack187

6. Worldeeeter

Worldeeeter Supporting Member

Wow - great thread!
    I bought a Cafe Walter a couple years ago, and with it, a $50 set of Koss adjustable headphones (not ear-covering). While they sound great, the cord is only 2-5 - 3 ft. long, so I have to stand right there where the headphone amp is.
    I have bluetooth wireless headphones (Jaybird BlueBuds X), and I love them, but there is no way to connect them to the Cafe Walter. The Sennheiser RF headphones are the perfect solution! These have officially been added to my Xmas list. Plus, I have a Sennheiser e835 microphone, and I love it. They make great stuff!
  7. mattattack187

The Sennheiser has good reviews. Think I'll have to add them to my list also. Thanks again for the all the suggestions.
  8. headhead

headhead

9. mattattack187

I ended up getting the Sennheiser RS120. Very good for the money. Great Bass response and crisp highs. Easy to set up and tune to a frequency. Typical RF interference now and then but not enough for me to obsess over.
  10. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

A little late for the OP, but if you use a cable from bass to amp (or bass to pedalboard), then wrapping a headphone cable w/ your instrument cable can also stop the tangle.

Rock On Audio has a combo cable for sale, but for a fraction of the cost, you can roll your own with either shrink tubing or simple cable ties. (Just run the cable over your strap button, b/w strap and your bass, shorten the cable for your buds or earphones to length, and you'll be good-to-go.)