Bass amps

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by ZombiBoi95, Jan 1, 2014.

1. ZombiBoi95

ZombiBoi95

So I currently have an ashdown evo ii 500 head which is going through 2 2x10 off brand speakers. I'm thinking about selling that setup and going for something new. Mabye an orange terror bass with an 810 ashdown cab. I would love a tc electronic rh450 but I can't afford one and a decent cab. I play in a blues/jazz band so any recommendations?

2. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables, Dirtbag Clothing
    Keep your head for now and upgrade to a better quality cab.

3. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard

Not sure where you are but there are amazing deals on used gear out there right now.

Looks like you just joined. Welcome to TalkBass!

4. ZombiBoi95

ZombiBoi95

My evo ain't really working for me in this band I dunno what it is but it's not clicking for me with this type of music. I need something that can get multiple tones which is why I was thinking tc. I can only get 1 or 2 decent tones out of it

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

You don't know what that amp will do, until you play it through a decent cab. Just dump your no-name 2x10's, and get yourself a good 410, 215, or whatever. Then you'll know what your amp actually sounds like.

7. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables, Dirtbag Clothing
    Exactly. I think you will be happier with the Ashown through a good cabinet then with the TC through a crap cab. Buy a good cab for now, save up and by the TC. Dont waste your money on something else if you really want the TC.

8. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

All the toys in the world on an over-rated head are not going to do more for your sound than good speakers, bass and playing technique.