Bass and synth into one amp, best way to go about it?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by voodoobassist, Feb 9, 2014.

1. voodoobassist

voodoobassist

So I'm wanting to run my bass and my GR-20 into one amp. I know, Roland says run the bass into the GR-20, but to my ears, the basses sound quality is diminished when you do this.

So I'm thinking of picking up a Line 6 M5 and taking the separate bass and synth sends into the left and right ins on the M5, then mono out to the rest of my board. Should work but I'm wondering if there's a better way to go about it that I haven't thought of.

Ideally I'd like to be able to have the GR-20 running through my pedal board as well as the bass. In a perfect world, I'd like to be able to send the gr-20 signal to either my amp or switch to the
    FOH only. Some bass patches going to the amp, maybe strings, pads, etc hitting the foh only. Will a boss ls-2 be able to handle that?

So gear heads, any suggestions are appreciated. One other thing, I need to keep this as compact and simple as I can. Fire away with those suggestions. Thanks!

2. hands5

hands5

Disclosures:
    none
    just take the chord out of your bass and plug it in to the jack input on the Keyboard...that's what I've been doing since my days from the top 40 bands I use to gig with. I've never had any issues doing this way however YMMV.

3. ngh

ngh

what about the EHX switchblade + ?

4. SpottedBass

SpottedBass

Back in the day I'd run my Ric bass in to Channel A of a Sunn Beta Bass head and my Moog Taurus pedals into channel B. that amp lets you blend both channels into the same mono output.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. voodoobassist

voodoobassist

Ordered an M5, so I'll post the results after it arrives. The problem for me, when running the bass through the GR-20, was a noticeable, to me at least, degradation in the basses tone.

I'll do some research on the Switchblade + suggestion as well. Thanks for the suggestions.

7. shrigg

shrigg Supporting Member

Why not a Boss LS-2 pedal?