1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Bass as a carry on baggage on Avianca

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NandoVieira, Mar 26, 2014.

1. NandoVieira

NandoVieira

Apr 6, 2011
    New York
    Hi everybody! anyone here have experienced flying by Avianca and taking the bass guitar as a carry on?
    I'm Going to Ny and I'm very worried about it.
    I flew by AA last year and had no problem, the bass in a gig bag didn't fit in the overhead bin, but the flying attendants helped me and putted it in the crew closet. very convienient!

2. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    I'd never been in an airport until I picked my brother up at BWI last Friday. It seemed to me United will let you carry on a Double Bass judging by the size of some people's "carry ons"

3. Sponsored by:

to hide this ad and more.
  4. NandoVieira

NandoVieira

Apr 6, 2011
    New York
  5. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

Feb 22, 2013
    Bangkok
    I haven't flown on Avianca, but I've had experience carrying a bass on planes.

Last year, I flew from San Francisco to Bangkok on EVA. They were hesitant to let me carry it on at check-in, saying that it was up to the flight crew. So I talked to the flight crew and it wasn't a problem. I had a MONO M-80 and it fit into the flight crew's wardrobe closet with room to spare. Being polite and smiling will help your cause with any airline. I also told a white lie and said it was gift from my deceased grandfather.