Bass basics lesson 9: modes of the major scale

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Manuel101, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Manuel101

Manuel101

Hello guys after a long break I finally uploaded the next lesson: Modes of the major scale. . I included a link to download the book I wrote about modes for free. Please subscribe and like.
    This video is very basic but I will be uploading another video about modes that is much more in depth.
  2. henry2513

henry2513 Supporting Member

Better be careful before the jazz theory police Comes in and tells you that the modes are an antiquated way of looking at things
  3. Manuel101

Manuel101

Haha the jazz police. Well you can't please everyone but i am pretty sure they will like the second part much more once I complete it.
  4. davidhilton

davidhilton Supporting Member

The ii V police r gonna get u! But honestly man, IMO, there is some much overtly, outright, and wrong misinformation posted on TB maybe there should be someone to check it once in awhile. Whadda u think?
    -d
    www.basslessonslosangeles.com
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Stick_Player

Stick_Player

I agree.

:eek: :D
  7. davidhilton

So we'll come up with a test question, something like: whats V7/vi in the key of Gb maj and what r the diatonic and non diatonic avail tensions? or...who wrote the Star Spangled Banner? lol lol Don't hit me with ur stick!!! :roll no: or...you have to post a recording of u walking and soloing on giant steps in all 12 keys...using one string and one finger!!!!:hyper: How many key changes does "All the things you Are" have???? Is Kenny G really the best sax player ever???? any more ideas???:rollno:
  8. MalcolmAmos

MalcolmAmos Supporting Member

9. Fergie Fulton

Fergie Fulton

Is Kenny G a new mode that has been discovered? I have played Ionian G, Dorian G etc. but never Kenny G.
  10. Manuel101

Manuel101

Hi Whousedtoplay, I just opened the link in my mac and it worked fine. I am going to check in my PC to see if it doesn't, I cant tell exactly whats wrong but I'll figure it out.
  11. MalcolmAmos

MalcolmAmos Supporting Member

Way back in the old days the creative people had Mac and the business people had PC.

When the business people asked the creative people to do some stuff for us we never could get their stuff to work on our stuff.

Looks like its still a problem.
  12. Febs

Febs Supporting Member

I was able to open the file without problem on a Windows 7 machine. The zip file that is linked to in the video has a file named "Modes of the major scale.pdf" in the root directory. That file opens without problem. Make sure that's the file you're trying to open, and not the file in the _MACOSX directory.
  13. Stick_Player

Stick_Player

You must be thinking of... Bach, or maybe Parker?
  14. davidhilton

Get a Mac.
  15. davidhilton

Dude, if u don't know the Kenny G mode is all keys then ur way behind....
  16. Fergie Fulton

Fergie Fulton

LOL that is one of the funniest things i have seen....Kenny's face is priceless...........as are the note choices and runs....there are indeed some wags on the net.....i now go to bed with a tear in my eye and a pain in my gut, thanks Dave that clip is a keeper.:D

P.S.
    I think Kenny is playing Mel D for his melody and using Mel C for his fills.
  17. Groove Master

Groove Master

Hahahahaha,

Love is in the hair !!!

I will never post a vid of me from the 90's here from now on
  18. davidhilton

Chick Corea!!!