1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Bass Big Muff Custom Painted

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by dangorange, Aug 23, 2013.

1. dangorange

dangorange Supporting Member

SOLD! Thanks Bob!

Selling my Electro-Harmonix Bass Big Muff. Used to use it a bit with my band but have been going sans effects these days, and if I go back I'll probably be using my Iron Ether instead. Back when I was using it I had painted it orange and the paint was pretty chipped up, so I decided to give it a makeover.

I had done a collaboration on a bypass pedal I built with my daughter recently (she's 3) and it turned out awesome, so I decided to commission her services again. After a good sanding and priming, the Big Muff has been lovingly painted with quality Crayola finger paints:p and then given a few coats of crystal clear enamel. I think it turned out very nice! Also, I put some vintage knobs on it from an old synthesizer, didn't like the cheap ones that came with the pedal.

One thing to point out, these pedals, while sounding awesome are built pretty cheaply. I noticed that when I pulled the electronics to paint the chassis, the cheap ribbon cable that connects the foot switch to the circuit was super flimsy and some of the connections were broken. I cut the whole thing and soldered on hook up wire for each connection which is way more solid. I do some circuit bending and find these ribbon cables to be a problem with the old Casios etc. So I'm confident this is a much better connection, you can see it in the pics.

Looking to get $50 plus shipping. And yes, my daughter's piggy bank will get a cut.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Thats a great looking paint job!!!!
  3. andrew

andrew

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Regenerate Guitar Works
    That looks great!
  4. dangorange

Thanks guys! You just can't replicate a 3 year old's technique!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. antoniolopez90

antoniolopez90

Is that stereo out? Can this pedal be powered by center pin negative or is it just battery?
  7. dangorange

8. GuzBaas

GuzBaas

I REALLY like!
  9. dangorange

10. DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke Supporting Member