1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Bass Cab as Pa Speaker?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by taylorro, Jun 24, 2013.

1. taylorro

taylorro

So I have 4 extra 410 bass cabs laying around and 2 410 guitar cabs. Would it be possible for me to hook them up to my power amps < mixer and use them as a Pa System of sorts. My band has a gig for member of the bands open house and just need enough to run 3 mics

2. Bass_Pounder

Bass_Pounder

Will it work - yes

Will it sound good - ?????????

3. taylorro

taylorro

We aren't looking for high quality i mean its an open house I just want to make sure i'm not going to blow anything. All of the Cabs are 8ohms

4. David Jayne

David Jayne

The bass cabs will work fine. Might be to much for guitar cabs though.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

It won't work well if you are putting drums and bass through it, probably very honky sounding. And you could blow the guitar cabs, or even the bass cabs if you try to push too much low end through them.

For vocals only it will work. It won't sound very "good" by normal PA standards. Do you want clean, understandable vocals and deep bass? You won't get that. It will probably be kind of a dirty, mid-focused sound which might work well for some kinds of music.

7. taylorro

taylorro

Right, I mean we have a PA we are going to run for clean vocals. but want to push our screamer a little more and run backup vocals through it as well. There wouldnt be any drums/bass/guitar pumped through them

8. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

It might work well for that, especially for the screamer.

9. taylorro

taylorro

That was my thought, We are looking at building our own Pa Speakers but just haven't done that yet. We have more wood then we know what to do with so we are looking in to some configurations. So buying speakers aren't really what we want to do right now. we have two JBL 115s but want more.